Officers from the Douglas Police Department are investigating a shooting that took place in the city early Friday afternoon.
According to a press release from the City of Douglas, officers responded to a call in regards to a shooting that occurred on South McDonald Road. The victim was identified as Ricardio Cortez Mitchell, an African American male age 28. As a result of his injuries, Mitchell was life-flighted to a hospital in Jacksonville, Fla.
Due to the investigation by Douglas Police, no further information can be released at this time. Anyone with information regarding this incident should call the Douglas Police Crime Anonymous Tip Line at 912-260-3600.
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- Community partners sought for Hometown Harvest
- Advanced registration for SGSC's spring semester begins Oct. 31
- Information sessions to be held for SGSC's nursing program
- First National Bank of Coffee County to promote Georgia peanuts with annual promotion Oct 16-20
- Wreaths Across America to place wreaths in honor, support of veterans
Latest from Staff Reports
- Saturday traffic stop leads to discovery of body of missing person
- Local residents can apply for FEMA assistance in aftermath of Hurricane Irma
- DPD releases statement about incident that happened in women's restroom in Wal-Mart
- Sharnae Pegues, BGC Y.O.Y competing for national Y.O.Y this Thursday, Sept 21
- Authorities arrest Douglas woman in Saturday morning shooting