At the regular City Commission meeting that was held on Monday, June 19, 2017, Douglas Mayor and City Commissioners approved a new ordinance on prostitution, pimping and pandering within the City of Douglas. Prior to this ordinance, the City of Douglas had no ordinance to cover the crimes of prostitution, pimping, and pandering. Cases relating to these offenses were transferred and disposed of in State court. City Attorney Jerome Adams developed an ordinance that mirrors the State statue but will allow these cases to be tried in the City of Douglas Municipal Court as an ordinance violation.
The new ordinance defines prostitution, pimping, and pandering and the penalties for the violations. Any person convicted of these crimes will result in a misdemeanor conviction and could face up to a fine of $1,000.00. For more information, please contact the Douglas Marshal’s Office at 912-389-3462.
- Mayor Paulk, city leaders recognized Southern Gold Gymnastics gymnasts
- Coffee County weightlifting team recognized at city commission
- Douglas-Coffee County teen court seeks youth volunteers
- City of Douglas seeks individuals to serve on zoning board, recreation commission
- City leaders recognized for accomplishments at Georgia Municipal Association annual convention