At the regular City Commission meeting that was held on Monday, June 19, 2017, Douglas Mayor and City Commissioners approved a new ordinance on prostitution, pimping and pandering within the City of Douglas. Prior to this ordinance, the City of Douglas had no ordinance to cover the crimes of prostitution, pimping, and pandering. Cases relating to these offenses were transferred and disposed of in State court. City Attorney Jerome Adams developed an ordinance that mirrors the State statue but will allow these cases to be tried in the City of Douglas Municipal Court as an ordinance violation.
The new ordinance defines prostitution, pimping, and pandering and the penalties for the violations. Any person convicted of these crimes will result in a misdemeanor conviction and could face up to a fine of $1,000.00. For more information, please contact the Douglas Marshal’s Office at 912-389-3462.
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- City leaders attend the annual Okefenokee Occasion event in Atlanta
- City of Douglas recognizes DPD chaplains, National Night Out event, Officer Sara Woods, Commissioner Durham at Monday's city commission meeting
- Volunteers needed with 'Day on' MLK, Jr. service day cleanup project
- Mayor's monthly minutes - Douglas Mayor's Youth Council
- City announces residential junk drop-off dates for 2018 at the City Pole Yard