Coffee County sheriff's authorities have arrested a 23-year-old Douglas man on aggravated assault and other charges after responding to a report of shots fired at a residence in the Green Acres community Sunday afternoon.
Deputies responded to a home on Beechwood Rd. around 7:30 a.m., July 23, after receiving a 911 report in which the caller alleged he had been shot and assaulted. Deputies arrived on the scene and detained several individuals standing outside the residence before entering to clear the home.
The victim was located inside the residence. Deputies observed multiple injuries indicative that an assault had occurred, but there were no obvious signs of gunshot wounds. The victim was transported by emergency medical services to Coffee Regional Medical Center for treatment.
Further investigation by Coffee County detectives led to the discovery of a second victim and the arrest of Isaias DeJesus, who has been charged with aggravated assault, battery, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. While investigators determined shots were fired during the incident, neither of the victims was struck.
DeJesus, who is currently serving a parole sentence for a previous conviction of methamphetamine possession, is being held at the Coffee County Jail.
- City of Douglas seeks employers to be part of job fair, resource expo
- Chief Brannen Pruette assumes role of interim police chief
- Deputies apprehend fugitive who escaped from courthouse in December
- Satilla Regional Library System hosts Rock n’ Roll Magic Show
- Eleven Stingrays win individual championships at state meet