Monday evening, August 7th, an elderly resident of Alma fell victim to a robbery after Kelly Marlette Thomas, 27 of Alma, entered the man’s home, robbed and beat the victim, and then used the victim’s debit/credit card to make several unauthorized purchases. Thomas was arrested on Wednesday, August 9th; Thomas has been charged with robbery, battery, and six counts of financial transaction card fraud.
Also on Wednesday, August 9th, APD’s Crime Suppression Unit stopped a vehicle on W. 12th St for an equipment violation. Officers arrested Debra Lynn Hyers, 50 of Alma, for a taillight violation, driving with a suspended license, two counts of possession of scheduled controlled substances and a felony marijuana charge.
Debra Lynn Hyers
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- Alma PD arrest 18-year-old on drug charges
- Three separate incidents, APD investigate Dec.1 shooting, one person life-flighted to trauma center, Alma man arrested for burglary, Hazlehurst man arrested for DUI
- APD searching for suspect after burglary of a storage unit, Alma man arrested for meth possession, other charges
- APD searching for two Alma men after two separate theft incidents at a Flash Foods, Alma man arrested for arson, several other charges
- Four unrelated incidents leads authorities to arrest three on forgery charges, one with theft charge