Monday evening, August 7th, an elderly resident of Alma fell victim to a robbery after Kelly Marlette Thomas, 27 of Alma, entered the man’s home, robbed and beat the victim, and then used the victim’s debit/credit card to make several unauthorized purchases. Thomas was arrested on Wednesday, August 9th; Thomas has been charged with robbery, battery, and six counts of financial transaction card fraud.
Also on Wednesday, August 9th, APD’s Crime Suppression Unit stopped a vehicle on W. 12th St for an equipment violation. Officers arrested Debra Lynn Hyers, 50 of Alma, for a taillight violation, driving with a suspended license, two counts of possession of scheduled controlled substances and a felony marijuana charge.
Debra Lynn Hyers
- Alma PD investigating June 17 shooting, announce last week's arrests
- Alma PD announce last week's arrests, charges ranging from indecent exposure to drug possession
- Alma PD makes multiple arrests on outstanding probation warrants, traffic violations
- APD and State Fire Marshal's Office make arrest in Friday's arson, announce last week's arrests
- Arson suspect sought by Alma PD