Monday evening, August 7th, an elderly resident of Alma fell victim to a robbery after Kelly Marlette Thomas, 27 of Alma, entered the man’s home, robbed and beat the victim, and then used the victim’s debit/credit card to make several unauthorized purchases. Thomas was arrested on Wednesday, August 9th; Thomas has been charged with robbery, battery, and six counts of financial transaction card fraud.
Also on Wednesday, August 9th, APD’s Crime Suppression Unit stopped a vehicle on W. 12th St for an equipment violation. Officers arrested Debra Lynn Hyers, 50 of Alma, for a taillight violation, driving with a suspended license, two counts of possession of scheduled controlled substances and a felony marijuana charge.
Debra Lynn Hyers
- Alma PD releases details of Metts capture
- Escaped Bacon County inmate may be in Coffee, Atkinson, Telfair counties
- Deputies arrest suspect in convenience store robbery
- Vincent Plumb, main figure in 2016 phone scam investigation, sentenced to prison
- Fugitive wanted in Alma arrested by U.S. Marshals in Texas