Monday evening, August 7th, an elderly resident of Alma fell victim to a robbery after Kelly Marlette Thomas, 27 of Alma, entered the man’s home, robbed and beat the victim, and then used the victim’s debit/credit card to make several unauthorized purchases. Thomas was arrested on Wednesday, August 9th; Thomas has been charged with robbery, battery, and six counts of financial transaction card fraud.
Also on Wednesday, August 9th, APD’s Crime Suppression Unit stopped a vehicle on W. 12th St for an equipment violation. Officers arrested Debra Lynn Hyers, 50 of Alma, for a taillight violation, driving with a suspended license, two counts of possession of scheduled controlled substances and a felony marijuana charge.
Debra Lynn Hyers
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- Two unrelated incidents, authorities searching for Alma man after evading police, Alma police searching for gunfire suspects
- Two unrelated incidents, Alma man turned himself in after fleeing officers
- Three unrelated incidents, one charged with armed robbery, two traffic stops leads to two arrest on drug charges
- Alma police arrest one after caught shoplifting
- Alma police search for man who allegedly pleasured himself in a convenience store
Latest from Submitted
- Community partners sought for Hometown Harvest
- Advanced registration for SGSC's spring semester begins Oct. 31
- Information sessions to be held for SGSC's nursing program
- First National Bank of Coffee County to promote Georgia peanuts with annual promotion Oct 16-20
- People's Choice Fall, Winter photo contest is underway