Due to a scheduled building demolition located in the downtown area at 106 South Madison Avenue, a portion of South Madison Avenue between Ashley Street (SR 32 East) and Ward Street (SR 32 West), will be temporarily closed on Saturday, August 26, 2017, through Sunday, August 27, 2017. Should delays occur, this section of the street may remain closed on Monday, August 28, 2017. The building scheduled for demolition is located between Trophy World and Shop Eve, and/or across the street from Dewey Franklin Hayes Attorney offices.
Detour and road closure signage will be placed appropriately. Business owners located in this area are asked to notify customers of this street closure on August 26-27 and possibly August 28, 2017. We apologize for any inconvenience and ask all drivers to be cautious and allow for more drive time during these days.
- Suspected dealer swallows drugs, slips out of hospital before officers get arrest warrants
- The Commodore Oliver Bowen Chapter, National Society Daughters of American Revolution of Douglas installs new officers
- Rev. Douglas Walker visits with Kiwanis
- Wilkerson defeats Johnson in BOE District 1 race, T-SPLOST passes
- Authorities continue the search for Willie Frank Wooden