Wednesday afternoon, August 16th, the Alma Police Department’s Crime Suppression Unit arrested Donnie Ray Reynolds, 40 of Baxley, and Jala Gwinnette Howard, 37 of Baxley, following a traffic stop on W. 12th St. for an equipment violation. Reynolds and Howard were both charged with possession of methamphetamine and possession of a controlled substance (Adderall).
APD detectives are also investigating two motor vehicle thefts. Last Friday morning, August 11th, a Chevrolet pickup was stolen from Miles Auto Sales on U.S. 1; this vehicle was recovered Sunday, August 13th, in Clinch County. Today, August 16th, APD and BCSO responded to Mid-South Feeds regarding a stolen semi. Before daylight this morning, someone stole a semi-truck, drove through a locked gate, and dragged the gate two miles down GA HWY 64 before the gate jarred loose from the truck and caused property damage in the county. After lunch, the semi-truck was recovered from behind a business on 4th St. Ext. If anyone has any information regarding either of the stolen vehicles, please contact the Alma Police Department (912-632-8751).
Jala Gwinnette Howard
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- APD searching for suspect after burglary of a storage unit, Alma man arrested for meth possession, other charges
- APD searching for two Alma men after two separate theft incidents at a Flash Foods, Alma man arrested for arson, several other charges
- Four unrelated incidents leads authorities to arrest three on forgery charges, one with theft charge
- APD arrest one after receiving a report of a reckless driver
- Alma PD arrest two for vehicle theft
Latest from Submitted
- Shop downtown on Small Business Saturday Nov. 25
- Ms. Sharnae Pegues to lead the 54th annual Festival of Lights Christmas parade as parade marshal
- City of Douglas to participate in 2017 statewide Mayors' Christmas Motorcade
- SkyBlue Videography holds ribbon cutting
- Coffee County community toy drive continues through Dec. 6