Saturday night, authorities discovered what they believe to be the body of Ruben Barboza, 20, in the creek that runs behind Hebron Baptist Church. A statement posted on the Coffee County Ga. Police Scanner Facebook page from Sheriff Doyle Wooten describes what led investigators to the body.
Barboza had been reported missing from Atkinson County on Friday. A Coffee County deputy on patrol in the area noticed vehicle parts on the roadway and damage to the bridge that spans the creek. He stopped for further investigation and saw the body floating in the water. A vehicle that matched the description of Barboza’s was submerged nearby.
Coffee County authorities turned the investigation over to the Georgia State Patrol. Officers do not suspect foul play. Apparently, they are attributing Barboza’s death to a vehicle accident. While all indicators point to the body being that of Barboza, it was sent to the GBI crime lab for positive identification.
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- Ms. Sharnae Pegues to lead the 54th annual Festival of Lights Christmas parade as parade marshal
- SkyBlue Videography holds ribbon cutting
- Coffee County community toy drive continues through Dec. 6
- Douglas Downtown Development Authority held their annual retreat
- SGSC's swimmer surpasses team records at Berry College Invitational meet
Latest from Robert Preston
- Jameon Gaskin, Milton Jackson combine for six touchdowns in Coffee's 55-21 win over Evans Knights
- Childhood Cancer Awareness Group lights tree in honor, memory of cancer patients
- Trojans advance to second round of state playoffs after beating Effingham Rebels 52-32
- Nicholls gets four new council members, tie in Ambrose election
- Change of venue request granted in Olivia Pearson's second trial, gag order denied