Saturday night, authorities discovered what they believe to be the body of Ruben Barboza, 20, in the creek that runs behind Hebron Baptist Church. A statement posted on the Coffee County Ga. Police Scanner Facebook page from Sheriff Doyle Wooten describes what led investigators to the body.
Barboza had been reported missing from Atkinson County on Friday. A Coffee County deputy on patrol in the area noticed vehicle parts on the roadway and damage to the bridge that spans the creek. He stopped for further investigation and saw the body floating in the water. A vehicle that matched the description of Barboza’s was submerged nearby.
Coffee County authorities turned the investigation over to the Georgia State Patrol. Officers do not suspect foul play. Apparently, they are attributing Barboza’s death to a vehicle accident. While all indicators point to the body being that of Barboza, it was sent to the GBI crime lab for positive identification.
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- County commissioners hears Hurricane Irma reports
- The Boss Riders donate supplies to Eastside students
- Detectives arrest two after a two month long investigation, Nicholls police arrest one for controlled substances during traffic stop
- City of Douglas Firefighter 1 certification, American Legion Day, anti-bullying campaign
- Coffee County Schools substitute teacher workshop rescheduled
Latest from Robert Preston
- Rotary Club hears update on new senior living facility
- Hurricane Irma hits Coffee County, leaves a path of destruction in her wake
- Irma disrupts the entire Southeast, a couple of local shelters are open with more to follow Saturday
- Wallace Lee's murder trial to begin Monday
- Coffee County resident pleads guilty on federal fraud charges, allegedly stole over $300,000 from HUD