Early Saturday morning, after 1 a.m., the Alma Police Department responded to a stabbing in the 100 block of E. 8th St. Officers discovered Jackie Moore, 57 of Alma, had been cut and stabbed 13 times. An investigation revealed Aimee Batton, 38 of Alma, stabbed and cut Moore following an argument between the two. Moore was transported to Savannah via ambulance after suffering critical injuries. Batton was arrested for aggravated assault. Moore will be charged with simple battery depending on the outcome of his medical condition.
Friday afternoon, APD’s Criminal Investigative Division secured an arrest warrant for Dustin Cecil Hannah for theft of a motor vehicle. On August 16, a semi-truck was stolen from Mid-South Feeds in Alma just before daylight. The semi-truck was driven through a locked gate, dragging the gate a couple of miles down a county roadway. Evidence recovered from the vehicle indicated Hannah was the driver of the stolen semi-truck. Hannah had been previously arrested by the Bacon County Sheriff’s Office and already in custody at the Bacon County Jail on unrelated theft charges at the time of APD’s arrest.
- Alma PD investigating June 17 shooting, announce last week's arrests
- Alma PD announce last week's arrests, charges ranging from indecent exposure to drug possession
- Alma PD makes multiple arrests on outstanding probation warrants, traffic violations
- APD and State Fire Marshal's Office make arrest in Friday's arson, announce last week's arrests
- Arson suspect sought by Alma PD