Early Saturday morning, after 1 a.m., the Alma Police Department responded to a stabbing in the 100 block of E. 8th St. Officers discovered Jackie Moore, 57 of Alma, had been cut and stabbed 13 times. An investigation revealed Aimee Batton, 38 of Alma, stabbed and cut Moore following an argument between the two. Moore was transported to Savannah via ambulance after suffering critical injuries. Batton was arrested for aggravated assault. Moore will be charged with simple battery depending on the outcome of his medical condition.
Friday afternoon, APD’s Criminal Investigative Division secured an arrest warrant for Dustin Cecil Hannah for theft of a motor vehicle. On August 16, a semi-truck was stolen from Mid-South Feeds in Alma just before daylight. The semi-truck was driven through a locked gate, dragging the gate a couple of miles down a county roadway. Evidence recovered from the vehicle indicated Hannah was the driver of the stolen semi-truck. Hannah had been previously arrested by the Bacon County Sheriff’s Office and already in custody at the Bacon County Jail on unrelated theft charges at the time of APD’s arrest.
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- Officers arrested, jailed, charged Douglas man with aggravated assault following a shooting that occurred Friday afternoon
- APD searching for suspect after burglary of a storage unit, Alma man arrested for meth possession, other charges
- One man is in jail and another is recovering after a shooting Sunday night
- APD searching for two Alma men after two separate theft incidents at a Flash Foods, Alma man arrested for arson, several other charges
- Four unrelated incidents leads authorities to arrest three on forgery charges, one with theft charge
Latest from Submitted
- Shop downtown on Small Business Saturday Nov. 25
- Ms. Sharnae Pegues to lead the 54th annual Festival of Lights Christmas parade as parade marshal
- City of Douglas to participate in 2017 statewide Mayors' Christmas Motorcade
- SkyBlue Videography holds ribbon cutting
- Coffee County community toy drive continues through Dec. 6