Early Saturday morning, after 1 a.m., the Alma Police Department responded to a stabbing in the 100 block of E. 8th St. Officers discovered Jackie Moore, 57 of Alma, had been cut and stabbed 13 times. An investigation revealed Aimee Batton, 38 of Alma, stabbed and cut Moore following an argument between the two. Moore was transported to Savannah via ambulance after suffering critical injuries. Batton was arrested for aggravated assault. Moore will be charged with simple battery depending on the outcome of his medical condition.
Friday afternoon, APD’s Criminal Investigative Division secured an arrest warrant for Dustin Cecil Hannah for theft of a motor vehicle. On August 16, a semi-truck was stolen from Mid-South Feeds in Alma just before daylight. The semi-truck was driven through a locked gate, dragging the gate a couple of miles down a county roadway. Evidence recovered from the vehicle indicated Hannah was the driver of the stolen semi-truck. Hannah had been previously arrested by the Bacon County Sheriff’s Office and already in custody at the Bacon County Jail on unrelated theft charges at the time of APD’s arrest.
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- Authorities arrest Douglas woman in Saturday morning shooting
- Alma police arrest one after caught shoplifting
- Alma police search for man who allegedly pleasured himself in a convenience store
- Attempted traffic stop leads authorities into a high speed chase
- Alma police arrest two for meth possession, APD investigating two motor vehicle thefts
Latest from Submitted
- Lady Trojans softball to honor childhood cancer patients and their families Thursday
- Know thy neighbor
- The Boss Riders donate supplies to Eastside students
- David Wayne Horton
- Detectives arrest two after a two month long investigation, Nicholls police arrest one for controlled substances during traffic stop