Early Saturday morning, after 1 a.m., the Alma Police Department responded to a stabbing in the 100 block of E. 8th St. Officers discovered Jackie Moore, 57 of Alma, had been cut and stabbed 13 times. An investigation revealed Aimee Batton, 38 of Alma, stabbed and cut Moore following an argument between the two. Moore was transported to Savannah via ambulance after suffering critical injuries. Batton was arrested for aggravated assault. Moore will be charged with simple battery depending on the outcome of his medical condition.
Friday afternoon, APD’s Criminal Investigative Division secured an arrest warrant for Dustin Cecil Hannah for theft of a motor vehicle. On August 16, a semi-truck was stolen from Mid-South Feeds in Alma just before daylight. The semi-truck was driven through a locked gate, dragging the gate a couple of miles down a county roadway. Evidence recovered from the vehicle indicated Hannah was the driver of the stolen semi-truck. Hannah had been previously arrested by the Bacon County Sheriff’s Office and already in custody at the Bacon County Jail on unrelated theft charges at the time of APD’s arrest.
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- Video: Botched investigation leads to shooting, City of Douglas faces possible law suit as a result
- APD arrest one for stealing a cargo trailer containing over $30,000 worth of equipment
- APD arrest seven in separate incidents
- Repeat offender arrested again for vehicle theft
- APD arrest last identified shooter in Dec. 1 shooting