The Waycross Judicial Circuit has a new assistant district attorney. District Attorney George Barnhill has announced that Regan Taylor Cason has been hired in this capacity. Superior Court Judge Kelly Brooks swore Cason in earlier this week in Waycross.
Cason is the daughter of Philip and Robin Vickery and Scott and Denise Taylor of Valdosta. Cason has been happily married to her husband, Gabriel Cason, for one year. In her spare time, she is an accomplished ballet dancer for more than 11 years, is involved with Animal Rights and the Animal Legal Defense Fund, and is a member of the Young Republicans. Cason obtained her undergraduate degree, with honors, from Valdosta State University in 2014 and graduated from Mercer University's School of Law in May of 2017. She is thrilled to now be a resident of Waycross and looks forward to beginning her legal career prosecuting criminal cases at the District Attorney's Office.
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- Maribel Gonzalez sworn in as officer for SGSC police department
- SGSC exceeds $75 million in regional economic impact
- Judge Gillis to hear Georgia Supreme Court case next week
- Circle K buys Flash Foods, will keep corporate offices in South Georgia
- Nine years ago, investigators had a primary suspect in the Doris Worrell murder; has the focus of the investigation changed?
Latest from Staff Reports
- Authorities arrest Douglas woman in Saturday morning shooting
- Curfew includes county and all municipalities, will last from 8 p.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Voluntary evacuation order issued for mobile home residents, city orders 8 p.m. curfew
- Hurricane Irma expected on Monday, no evacuation for Coffee County
- Alma police search for man who allegedly pleasured himself in a convenience store