A man accused of masturbating in an Alma convenience store is on the loose, presumably somewhere in Bacon County.
Thursday evening, Aug. 31, the Alma Police Department received a complaint of a male, later identified as Reginald Barton of Alma, entering a local convenience store, exposing himself to a female clerk, and then masturbating while watching the clerk. Barton fled the store before law enforcement arrived; the incident was captured on the store’s closed-circuit monitoring system. Alma police are currently seeking Barton for public indecency.
On Friday, Sept. 1, the APD responded to a burglary on Mullis Drive. The complainant stated a black male, later identified by the victim as Timothy Jones, 19 of Nicholls, entered her home without permission, but left without taking any items once he discovered the occupants were home. The APD is seeking Jones for burglary.
If anyone knows the whereabouts of Barton and/or Jones please contact the Alma Police Department at 912-632-8751 or call your local 911 center.
- Several arrests made during the months of January-February, charges ranging from drug possession to outstanding warrants
- APD arrest one for stealing a cargo trailer containing over $30,000 worth of equipment
- APD arrest seven in separate incidents
- Repeat offender arrested again for vehicle theft
- APD arrest last identified shooter in Dec. 1 shooting
Latest from Staff Reports
- Fire strikes Day Lumber, damage is significant
- Road construction to cause traffic delays this weekend
- Keegan McGovern receives national and Southeastern Conference recognition
- Sherri Berry named Principal of the Year
- Southwire employee caught allegedly stealing wire from plant, charged with felony theft by taking