A man accused of masturbating in an Alma convenience store is on the loose, presumably somewhere in Bacon County.
Thursday evening, Aug. 31, the Alma Police Department received a complaint of a male, later identified as Reginald Barton of Alma, entering a local convenience store, exposing himself to a female clerk, and then masturbating while watching the clerk. Barton fled the store before law enforcement arrived; the incident was captured on the store’s closed-circuit monitoring system. Alma police are currently seeking Barton for public indecency.
On Friday, Sept. 1, the APD responded to a burglary on Mullis Drive. The complainant stated a black male, later identified by the victim as Timothy Jones, 19 of Nicholls, entered her home without permission, but left without taking any items once he discovered the occupants were home. The APD is seeking Jones for burglary.
If anyone knows the whereabouts of Barton and/or Jones please contact the Alma Police Department at 912-632-8751 or call your local 911 center.
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- Alma police arrest one after caught shoplifting
- Attempted traffic stop leads authorities into a high speed chase
- Two unrelated incidents, one with aggravated assault charge
- Alma police arrest two for meth possession, APD investigating two motor vehicle thefts
- Two unrelated incidents, two arrest with multiple charges
Latest from Staff Reports
- Authorities arrest Douglas woman in Saturday morning shooting
- Curfew includes county and all municipalities, will last from 8 p.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Voluntary evacuation order issued for mobile home residents, city orders 8 p.m. curfew
- Hurricane Irma expected on Monday, no evacuation for Coffee County
- Judicial circuit gets new assistant district attorney