Nearly two years ago, Wallace Lee, now 44, was charged with murder in the deaths of Meghan Bowen, 33, and James Harden, 39. Next week, Lee will stand trial for those murders. Jury selection will begin Monday, Sept. 11, and the trial will likely begin Tuesday, Sept. 12.
Bowen and Harden were shot to death at a residence at 38 Meadowbrook Lane in November 2015. Authorities arrested Lee shortly thereafter and charged him with their murders. He has remained in the Coffee County Jail ever since. Lee, who was also charged with possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime, has been denied bond multiple times since his arrest.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Ocilla, Waycross Harveys among 19 grocery stores to close in Georgia
- CCSO arrests one on child cruelty charges after allegedly hitting a 10-year-old
- Four candidates challenging U.S. Rep. Rick Allen in 2018 midterms
- Qualifying ended Friday, only BOE District 1 has opposition
- Joshua Peavy returns to television, will appear on 'Showtime at the Apollo' later this month