Nearly two years ago, Wallace Lee, now 44, was charged with murder in the deaths of Meghan Bowen, 33, and James Harden, 39. Next week, Lee will stand trial for those murders. Jury selection will begin Monday, Sept. 11, and the trial will likely begin Tuesday, Sept. 12.
Bowen and Harden were shot to death at a residence at 38 Meadowbrook Lane in November 2015. Authorities arrested Lee shortly thereafter and charged him with their murders. He has remained in the Coffee County Jail ever since. Lee, who was also charged with possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime, has been denied bond multiple times since his arrest.
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- Detectives arrest two after a two month long investigation, Nicholls police arrest one for controlled substances during traffic stop
- Deputy sees two individuals sneaking around a liquor store, arrests one
- Convicted felon jailed on weapon charges
- Authorities arrest Douglas man on drug, weapon charges
- Coffee County Sheriff's office thanks local organizations
Latest from Robert Preston
- Rotary Club hears update on new senior living facility
- Hurricane Irma hits Coffee County, leaves a path of destruction in her wake
- Irma disrupts the entire Southeast, a couple of local shelters are open with more to follow Saturday
- Coffee County resident pleads guilty on federal fraud charges, allegedly stole over $300,000 from HUD
- Insurance commissioner candidate Jay Florence, Ray Goff make stop in Douglas this week