Wednesday, September 6, the Alma Police Department responded to a theft by shoplifting at Julie’s Gifts and Boutique. Officers discovered Pamela Lovejoy, 55 of Alma, had attempted to steal two t-shirts and three pairs of leggings valued at $75.00. APD arrested Lovejoy for misdemeanor theft by shoplifting. Lovejoy was processed for the offense and released on her own recognizance. Within three hours of her release, APD learned Lovejoy entered Fred’s and stole a bed sheet set valued at $39.95; Lovejoy had left the store before law enforcement arrival. APD secured an arrest warrant for Lovejoy and later arrested Lovejoy at a residence in Alma; Lovejoy is currently in the Bacon County Jail awaiting a magistrate bond hearing.
- Several arrests made during the months of January-February, charges ranging from drug possession to outstanding warrants
- APD arrest one for stealing a cargo trailer containing over $30,000 worth of equipment
- APD arrest seven in separate incidents
- Repeat offender arrested again for vehicle theft
- APD arrest last identified shooter in Dec. 1 shooting