Citizens in Coffee County who suffered loss during Hurricane Irma can apply for individual assistance through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), according to a press release issued Thursday.
Homeowners, renters and business owners in those counties may now apply for federal disaster assistance for uninsured and underinsured losses caused by Hurricane Irma during the period of Sept. 7-20, 2017. Assistance may include grants for critical needs, temporary rental assistance, home repairs, and uninsured personal property losses, and other programs such as the U.S. Small Business Administration’s low-interest disaster loan program, to help individuals recover from the effects of the disaster.
There are several ways survivors can register with FEMA for disaster assistance. The quickest way to apply for federal assistance is online at DisasterAssistance.gov or through the FEMA mobile app.
They can also call the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362. Survivors who have a speech disability or hearing loss and use TTY should call 800-462-7585. Multilingual operators are available; press 2 for Spanish or 3 for other languages. Because of high demand, lines may be busy. Please be patient and try calling in the morning or evening when call volume may be lower.
The toll-free numbers are open from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. seven days a week.
- Suspected dealer swallows drugs, slips out of hospital before officers get arrest warrants
- The Commodore Oliver Bowen Chapter, National Society Daughters of American Revolution of Douglas installs new officers
- Rev. Douglas Walker visits with Kiwanis
- Wilkerson defeats Johnson in BOE District 1 race, T-SPLOST passes
- Authorities continue the search for Willie Frank Wooden
Latest from Staff Reports
- CCSO is looking for a tatted up accused felon
- R.L. O'Steen, one of the men who built Douglas, has passed away
- GBI, DEA, other agencies arrest four on drug trafficking charges in multi-county operation
- Police locate, arrest Justin Guy Russ
- Two try to elude HEAT car, both arrested near Jeff Davis County