Friday evening, September 29, the Alma Police Department arrested Lynn Harris Adams, 45 of Alma, for criminal trespass, simple battery, and cruelty to children in the first degree. Adams’ arrest followed a 911 call to a home on Townsend Lane. Adams reportedly attempted to remove a medical device from a child at the location, and refused to leave after repeated requests by the residents.
During the early morning hours of Saturday, September 30, APD stopped a vehicle on N. Dixson St. for inoperable taillights. During the stop, officers discovered the driver, Nehemiah Brown, 26 of Alma, was driving with a suspended driver’s license. Officers also discovered marijuana, cocaine and a firearm. Brown was arrested for driving with a suspended driver’s license, operating an unsafe vehicle, misdemeanor possession of marijuana, possession of cocaine and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony.
Later Saturday morning, September 30, APD arrested John Riley Waters, 38 of Alma, for possession of a schedule III controlled substance. Waters’ arrest followed a 911 call regarding a person in a residential area reportedly yielding a knife. After officers disarmed Waters, officers discovered a vial upon Waters’ containing anabolic steroids.
John Riley Waters
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- After over four months on the run, George Darryl Harper is back in jail
- Two unrelated incidents, Alma man turned himself in after fleeing officers
- Three unrelated incidents, one charged with armed robbery, two traffic stops leads to two arrest on drug charges
- A night in a stranger's car leads to a free trip to jail
- Detectives arrest two after a two month long investigation, Nicholls police arrest one for controlled substances during traffic stop