The DRC is scheduled to open at noon on Friday, October 6, 2017 at the Coffee County Emergency Operations Center located in the back of Coffee County Fire Department at 941 Mahogany Road in Douglas. This location is off of Highway 221N. Hours of operation will be: Friday October 6, 2017 noon – 6 p.m.; Saturday, October 7 – Saturday, October 14 the DRC will be open daily 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. including Sunday October 8th; The center will close on Sunday’s starting Sunday, October 15.
A Disaster Recovery Center is a readily accessible facility where survivors may go for information about our programs or other disaster assistance programs, and ask questions related to your case. Representatives from the Georgia Emergency Management Agency and Homeland Security, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), volunteer groups and other agencies are at the centers to answer questions about disaster assistance and low-interest disaster loans for homeowners, renters and businesses. They can also help survivors apply for federal disaster assistance. People are encouraged to register before visiting a recovery center. This can be done online at diasterassistance.gov or by calling the FEMA Helpline at (800) 621-3362. Victims should register even if they have insurance. FEMA cannot duplicate insurance payments, but under-insured applicants may receive help after their claims have been settled.
For more info visit fema.gov/hurricane-irma.
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- Chamber holds a ribbon cutting for LIA Foundation
- Chamber host 'Eggs & Issues' forum with local legislators, law enforcement
- 4-H news for the week of Dec. 11, Willie Spence on Steve Harvey show, 4-H camps, district project achievement, Coca-Cola fundraiser
- DCCC power lunch featured speaker, Dr. Brett Mizell, Southern Chiropractic of Douglas
- Senator Tyler Harper speaks at Coffee High FBLA December meeting