A man was injured at Premium Peanut this afternoon when he was pinned between a tractor-trailer and a metal barrier Saturday afternoon. The individual, whose identity has not been released, reportedly suffered a broken leg and other serious injuries in the accident.
The accident halted work at the plant for a short time while first responders tended to the victim. An Air-Evac helicopter transported him from the plant to a trauma center. EMTs placed the victim in an ambulance and began work to stabilize him. The chopper landed just outside Premium Peanut’s gate on Barrington Road. The Air-Evac crew and local EMTs carried him by stretcher from the ambulance to the helicopter.
The victim as alert and responsive during the ordeal. While his injuries are serious, he is expected to survive.
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- Mayor's monthly minutes for Feb. 2018: "Crime is down in Douglas by 21.68 percent"
- Kevin Tatum's weekly 4-H news roundup
- CRMC accepting commercial Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dr. Jonna named president of the medical staff at Coffee Regional
- Southwire employee caught allegedly stealing wire from plant, charged with felony theft by taking
Latest from Robert Preston
- Commissioner Olivia Pearson declared not guilty in felony trial
- Video: Botched investigation leads to shooting, City of Douglas faces possible law suit as a result
- Commissioner Pearson's second voter fraud trial to begin next week
- Watt wins second state wrestling title, Newton gets first at weekend tournament
- Basketball Trojans beat Valdosta Wildcats, win region title