Wednesday afternoon, October 4, the Alma Police Department’s Crime Suppression Unit was monitoring traffic in the school zone at the Bacon County Elementary School when an officer observed a BMW traveling almost twice the posted speed limit. The driver led officers on a brief vehicle pursuit before crossing GA HWY 32 (E. 16th St.) and driving the vehicle into the Spiritual Body Church located on E. 16th St. The driver actually jumped out of the vehicle while the vehicle was moving, causing the vehicle to strike the church; damage to Spiritual Body Church was minimal. Two days later, the driver Cleavanta Jarrideau, 25 of Alma, turned himself into law enforcement. Jarrideau has been charged with: Speeding, seatbelt violation, fleeing/attempting to elude, leaving the scene of an accident, reckless driving and obstruction of a law enforcement officer.
Friday morning, October 6, APD’s CSU arrested Regina Holton Robinson, 47 of Alma, for possession of cocaine; other charges related to fraudulently obtaining controlled substances are pending further investigation. Robinson was out of jail on bond for a previous drug violation.
Regina Holton Robinson
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- Alma PD arrest 18-year-old on drug charges
- Three separate incidents, APD investigate Dec.1 shooting, one person life-flighted to trauma center, Alma man arrested for burglary, Hazlehurst man arrested for DUI
- APD searching for suspect after burglary of a storage unit, Alma man arrested for meth possession, other charges
- APD searching for two Alma men after two separate theft incidents at a Flash Foods, Alma man arrested for arson, several other charges
- APD arrest one after receiving a report of a reckless driver