Wednesday afternoon, October 4, the Alma Police Department’s Crime Suppression Unit was monitoring traffic in the school zone at the Bacon County Elementary School when an officer observed a BMW traveling almost twice the posted speed limit. The driver led officers on a brief vehicle pursuit before crossing GA HWY 32 (E. 16th St.) and driving the vehicle into the Spiritual Body Church located on E. 16th St. The driver actually jumped out of the vehicle while the vehicle was moving, causing the vehicle to strike the church; damage to Spiritual Body Church was minimal. Two days later, the driver Cleavanta Jarrideau, 25 of Alma, turned himself into law enforcement. Jarrideau has been charged with: Speeding, seatbelt violation, fleeing/attempting to elude, leaving the scene of an accident, reckless driving and obstruction of a law enforcement officer.
Friday morning, October 6, APD’s CSU arrested Regina Holton Robinson, 47 of Alma, for possession of cocaine; other charges related to fraudulently obtaining controlled substances are pending further investigation. Robinson was out of jail on bond for a previous drug violation.
Regina Holton Robinson
- Alma PD investigating June 17 shooting, announce last week's arrests
- Alma PD announce last week's arrests, charges ranging from indecent exposure to drug possession
- Alma PD makes multiple arrests on outstanding probation warrants, traffic violations
- APD and State Fire Marshal's Office make arrest in Friday's arson, announce last week's arrests
- Arson suspect sought by Alma PD