A 14-year-old male was detained on suspicion of making terroristic threats towards the George Washington Carver Freshman Campus in Douglas following an incident Tuesday, Oct. 17.
School personnel was made aware that the student had allegedly threatened to "shoot up the school," and notified law enforcement of the situation. Investigators responded and, subsequently, apprehended the juvenile, who was transported to a youth detention center.
Due to the suspect's age, we are unable to provide any details regarding his identity or further information on the incident.
- John Henry, Chamber of Commerce President, visits with Kiwanis
- SGSC announces Spring 2018 Academic Honors Lists
- Douglas utilities encourages customers to use Utility Hawk customer portal
- Sheriff's office seeking absconded sex offender
- Alma PD announce last week's arrests, charges ranging from indecent exposure to drug possession