Friday morning, October 20, 2017, the Alma Police Department assisted the Georgia State Patrol with a traffic stop on U.S. 1 @ the northern city limits. A trooper with GSP stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation which led to the arrest of the driver for DUI.
During the traffic stop, a passenger in the vehicle was found to have a large quantity of syringes and spoons containing what the passenger stated was methamphetamine mixed with another controlled substance. GSP turned the passenger over to APD.
Sherri Nicole Bullock, 34 of Baxley, was charged with possession of methamphetamine. Bullock was also wanted in Appling County for outstanding arrest warrants.
- Alma PD investigating June 17 shooting, announce last week's arrests
- Alma PD announce last week's arrests, charges ranging from indecent exposure to drug possession
- Alma PD makes multiple arrests on outstanding probation warrants, traffic violations
- APD and State Fire Marshal's Office make arrest in Friday's arson, announce last week's arrests
- Arson suspect sought by Alma PD