Friday morning, October 20, 2017, the Alma Police Department assisted the Georgia State Patrol with a traffic stop on U.S. 1 @ the northern city limits. A trooper with GSP stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation which led to the arrest of the driver for DUI.
During the traffic stop, a passenger in the vehicle was found to have a large quantity of syringes and spoons containing what the passenger stated was methamphetamine mixed with another controlled substance. GSP turned the passenger over to APD.
Sherri Nicole Bullock, 34 of Baxley, was charged with possession of methamphetamine. Bullock was also wanted in Appling County for outstanding arrest warrants.
- APD announce arrests for the week of Sept 2, charges ranging from disorderly conduct to burglary
- APD announce arrests for the week of August 20, charges ranging from loitering to DUI
- Alma PD announce last week's arrest, several arrests stem from outstanding warrants
- Sgt. Christopher Cody Phillips named Interim Chief of Alma Police Department
- Alma PD announce last week's arrests