According to a press release issued by the Coffee County Sheriff's Office on Monday afternoon, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation is investigating the death of a man booked into the Coffee County Jail Saturday afternoon.
Sheriff Doyle Wooten asked the GBI's Douglas Regional Office to investigate the death of 28-year-old Shannon Ashley Rewis. The Douglas Police Department arrested Rewis on Friday, Oct. 20, on probation violation warrants and transported him to the Coffee County Jail for processing. While being booked into the jail, Rewis developed medical issues and was transported to Coffee Regional Medical Center.
Rewis died around 5 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 21, while being treated at CRMC. His body was taken to the GBI Medical Examiner's Office in Macon for an autopsy. The investigation into Mr. Rewis' death is active and ongoing. Anyone who has information concerning this case is asked to contact the GBI's Douglas Regional Office at (912) 389-4103 or the Coffee County Sheriff's Office at (912) 384-4227.
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- Ms. Sharnae Pegues to lead the 54th annual Festival of Lights Christmas parade as parade marshal
- SkyBlue Videography holds ribbon cutting
- Coffee County community toy drive continues through Dec. 6
- Douglas Downtown Development Authority held their annual retreat
- SGSC's swimmer surpasses team records at Berry College Invitational meet
Latest from Robert Preston
- Jameon Gaskin, Milton Jackson combine for six touchdowns in Coffee's 55-21 win over Evans Knights
- Childhood Cancer Awareness Group lights tree in honor, memory of cancer patients
- Trojans advance to second round of state playoffs after beating Effingham Rebels 52-32
- Nicholls gets four new council members, tie in Ambrose election
- Change of venue request granted in Olivia Pearson's second trial, gag order denied