According to a press release on the Douglas GA Police Department facebook page, DPD and the Coffee County Sheriff's Office merged forces to form a joint gang task force. The Douglas Coffee Gang Unit (DCGU), joint gang task force, has received advanced training, recruited officers from both agencies and were trained to recognize and report all gang activity in Coffee County. The DCGU is viable and will prevent and prosecute all criminal street gang related crimes thoughout Coffee County.
On October 24, 2017, The Douglas Coffee Gang Unit obtained 12 arrest warrants for violations of the Georgia Street Geng Terrorism and Prevention Act. It was reported that five associates of the Aryan Brotherhood of Georgia criminal street gang participated in violent acts against three citizens of Coffee County, and they all will face charges for the acts.
All photos are courtesy of the Douglas GA Police Department facebook page.
Dustin Shane Cowart
Robert Avan Johnson
Candace Michelle Railey
Diana Alexis Joyner
- Douglas Police Department issues warning drag racing on public streets has serious consequences
- Douglas Perimeter Road railroad overpass opening
- Walmart presents check to Wiregrass Tech's Foundation
- Kevin Tatum's weekly 4-H news roundup
- Officer Perez visits Pre-k students at Eastside Elementary School: School safety is first at Eastside
Latest from Staff Reports
- Wednesday afternoon fire destroys home, blocks traffic on North Madison Avenue
- Bacon County inmate 'mistakenly' released due to clerical error, U.S. Marshals offer reward for arrest
- Former ATCO Probate Judge indicted on 83 charges of racketeering, theft by taking
- Douglas police searching for 13-year-old missing for over a month
- Broxton PD breaks up theft ring, finds drugs and stolen property