According to a press release on the Douglas GA Police Department facebook page, DPD and the Coffee County Sheriff's Office merged forces to form a joint gang task force. The Douglas Coffee Gang Unit (DCGU), joint gang task force, has received advanced training, recruited officers from both agencies and were trained to recognize and report all gang activity in Coffee County. The DCGU is viable and will prevent and prosecute all criminal street gang related crimes thoughout Coffee County.
On October 24, 2017, The Douglas Coffee Gang Unit obtained 12 arrest warrants for violations of the Georgia Street Geng Terrorism and Prevention Act. It was reported that five associates of the Aryan Brotherhood of Georgia criminal street gang participated in violent acts against three citizens of Coffee County, and they all will face charges for the acts.
All photos are courtesy of the Douglas GA Police Department facebook page.
Dustin Shane Cowart
Robert Avan Johnson
Candace Michelle Railey
Diana Alexis Joyner
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- Dr. Morris Leis, superintendent of Coffee County schools, visits with Kiwanis
- Lakeside Senior Care holds ribbon cutting, open house
- Fast track to 'Destination Graduation'
- 4-H hog show, Fall forum, adopt-a-highway workday, due dates, more
- JoAnne Lewis, Luke Morgan receive State Economic Development awards
Latest from Staff Reports
- Saturday traffic stop leads to discovery of body of missing person
- Local residents can apply for FEMA assistance in aftermath of Hurricane Irma
- DPD releases statement about incident that happened in women's restroom in Wal-Mart
- Sharnae Pegues, BGC Y.O.Y competing for national Y.O.Y this Thursday, Sept 21
- Authorities arrest Douglas woman in Saturday morning shooting