According to a press release on the Douglas GA Police Department facebook page, DPD and the Coffee County Sheriff's Office merged forces to form a joint gang task force. The Douglas Coffee Gang Unit (DCGU), joint gang task force, has received advanced training, recruited officers from both agencies and were trained to recognize and report all gang activity in Coffee County. The DCGU is viable and will prevent and prosecute all criminal street gang related crimes thoughout Coffee County.
On October 24, 2017, The Douglas Coffee Gang Unit obtained 12 arrest warrants for violations of the Georgia Street Geng Terrorism and Prevention Act. It was reported that five associates of the Aryan Brotherhood of Georgia criminal street gang participated in violent acts against three citizens of Coffee County, and they all will face charges for the acts.
All photos are courtesy of the Douglas GA Police Department facebook page.
Dustin Shane Cowart
Robert Avan Johnson
Candace Michelle Railey
Diana Alexis Joyner
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
Latest from Staff Reports
- Law enforcement warns of unknown person conducting unlawful traffic stops
- Douglas native receives prestigious award from Georgia Cotton Commission
- Inmate walks off work detail Friday, arrested Saturday in North Carolina
- After over four months on the run, George Darryl Harper is back in jail
- Saturday traffic stop leads to discovery of body of missing person