A Douglas man was killed Thursday, Nov. 2, when a train struck him near downtown.
According to a press release posted on the Douglas Police Department’s Facebook page, a pedestrian, identified as Michael Wigfall, 26, of Douglas, lost his life when a CSX train struck him on the tracks at Pearl Avenue around 10:30 p.m.
Few details have been released regarding the accident. However, the release stated that Wigfall did lose his life in the accident. Officers from the police department continue to investigate the incident.
- Douglas Police Department issues warning drag racing on public streets has serious consequences
- Douglas Perimeter Road railroad overpass opening
- Walmart presents check to Wiregrass Tech's Foundation
- Officer Perez visits Pre-k students at Eastside Elementary School: School safety is first at Eastside
- Fitzgerald Family Eyecare holds ribbon cutting, open house
Latest from Robert Preston
- School system names teachers of the year
- Keegan McGovern makes Golden Spikes Award midseason watch list
- Severe weather is about to arrive in Coffee, Atkinson
- County commission: No more homes at Baymeadows under 1,400 square feet
- C.J. Mizell, former Trojan football star, arrested for second time in less than six months