A 42-year-old Coffee County man accused of severely beating a 26-year-old female victim during an incident that occurred in October is behind bars following an investigation by Coffee County detectives.
Deputies responded to Coffee Regional Medical Center on Oct. 10, 2017, in reference to a possible assault that occurred at a residence off Cross Road. The victim, who suffered multiple injuries, including two black eyes, a swollen jaw, and leg abrasions, identified Johnny Ryan Floyd of Douglas as the assailant.
In an interview with Floyd earlier this week, the suspect admitted to investigators he had assaulted the victim. Floyd was arrested Wednesday afternoon and charged with one count of battery. He remains in the Coffee County Jail.
- Sheriff Wooten's Family Fun Day is Oct. 27
- City issues latest Hurricane Michael update
- Officials announce curfew beginning at 6 p.m. Wednesday as Hurricane Michael arrives
- Hurricane Michael is on the way, emergency officials are making plans
- Criminal Investigations Unit makes multiple arrests on variety of charges, from drugs to assault