A 42-year-old Coffee County man accused of severely beating a 26-year-old female victim during an incident that occurred in October is behind bars following an investigation by Coffee County detectives.
Deputies responded to Coffee Regional Medical Center on Oct. 10, 2017, in reference to a possible assault that occurred at a residence off Cross Road. The victim, who suffered multiple injuries, including two black eyes, a swollen jaw, and leg abrasions, identified Johnny Ryan Floyd of Douglas as the assailant.
In an interview with Floyd earlier this week, the suspect admitted to investigators he had assaulted the victim. Floyd was arrested Wednesday afternoon and charged with one count of battery. He remains in the Coffee County Jail.
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- One man is in jail and another is recovering after a shooting Sunday night
- High speed chase results in two-vehicle accident, serious injuries
- Miguel Contreras named Officer of the Year
- Argument over cell phone password leads to alleged assault, jail time for 19-year-old
- The Douglas Coffee Gang Unit arrest five local gang members