Just before 8 p.m. Sunday, firefighters, deputies, and EMS responded to a house fire at the corner of Brentwood Road and Silverado Road in Baymeadows.
The fire started at the south end of the house and quickly escalated. In a short time, the south side of the home was fully engulfed in flames. Firefighters worked quickly to get the blaze under control but not before the fire – along with the accompanying smoke and water – all but destroyed the home.
The residents were at home when the fire began but were unhurt. County fire chief Steve Carver was on the scene and entered the home after the fire had been extinguished. No one has stated what may have started the fire.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Tyreek Hill suffers injury in season opener, will be out several weeks
- Tyreek Hill signs contract extension, now one of highest paid receivers in NFL
- Wyatt Miller cut by New York Jets, picked up by Cincinnati Bengals
- Commissioner Olivia Pearson receives criminal trespass warning after alleged argument with Mickeayla Brockington
- Victim in stable condition, suspect apprehended following Tuesday night shooting