Just before 8 p.m. Sunday, firefighters, deputies, and EMS responded to a house fire at the corner of Brentwood Road and Silverado Road in Baymeadows.
The fire started at the south end of the house and quickly escalated. In a short time, the south side of the home was fully engulfed in flames. Firefighters worked quickly to get the blaze under control but not before the fire – along with the accompanying smoke and water – all but destroyed the home.
The residents were at home when the fire began but were unhurt. County fire chief Steve Carver was on the scene and entered the home after the fire had been extinguished. No one has stated what may have started the fire.
- Douglas Vascular Center announces expansion of the facility, services
- Over 1,500 attend 2018 Wiregrass Artist Guild's children art festival
- CRMC to host their 2018 Career Fair March 28
- Here is information on upcoming 4-H fundraisers, summer camps, junior 4-H conference
- Douglas-Coffee County Chamber of Commerce celebrates Dresses and Dreams expansion, relocation
Latest from Robert Preston
- Ocilla, Waycross Harveys among 19 grocery stores to close in Georgia
- CCSO arrests one on child cruelty charges after allegedly hitting a 10-year-old
- Four candidates challenging U.S. Rep. Rick Allen in 2018 midterms
- Qualifying ended Friday, only BOE District 1 has opposition
- Joshua Peavy returns to television, will appear on 'Showtime at the Apollo' later this month