Just before 8 p.m. Sunday, firefighters, deputies, and EMS responded to a house fire at the corner of Brentwood Road and Silverado Road in Baymeadows.
The fire started at the south end of the house and quickly escalated. In a short time, the south side of the home was fully engulfed in flames. Firefighters worked quickly to get the blaze under control but not before the fire – along with the accompanying smoke and water – all but destroyed the home.
The residents were at home when the fire began but were unhurt. County fire chief Steve Carver was on the scene and entered the home after the fire had been extinguished. No one has stated what may have started the fire.
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- Dr. Morris Leis, superintendent of Coffee County schools, visits with Kiwanis
- Lakeside Senior Care holds ribbon cutting, open house
- Fast track to 'Destination Graduation'
- 4-H hog show, Fall forum, adopt-a-highway workday, due dates, more
- JoAnne Lewis, Luke Morgan receive State Economic Development awards
Latest from Robert Preston
- Jameon Gaskin, Milton Jackson combine for six touchdowns in Coffee's 55-21 win over Evans Knights
- Childhood Cancer Awareness Group lights tree in honor, memory of cancer patients
- Trojans advance to second round of state playoffs after beating Effingham Rebels 52-32
- Nicholls gets four new council members, tie in Ambrose election
- Change of venue request granted in Olivia Pearson's second trial, gag order denied