Friday morning, November 3, 2017, the Alma Police Department responded to Flash Foods (404 S. Pierce St) regarding a theft of gasoline. Zachary Hall, 26 of Hazlehurst, entered Flash Foods and made a purchase using an EBT card; however, Hall drove away without paying for $41.95 worth of gasoline. APD has secured a misdemeanor arrest warrant for Hall. If anyone knows of Hall’s whereabouts, please contact the Alma Police Department at 912-632-8751.
Saturday morning, November 4, APD responded to Flash Foods (404 S. Pierce St) regarding the theft of lottery tickets. APD reviewed surveillance cameras and observed a white male take two $25.00 Georgia Lottery tickets from behind the counter. If anyone knows the identity of the person in the photo, black Punisher t-shirt, please contact the Alma Police Department at 912-632-8751.
Sunday afternoon, November 5, APD, the Bacon County Sheriff’s Office, and Alma-Bacon Fire/EMS responded to a structure fire on E. 14th St. Witnesses observed a black male fleeing the scene before first responders arrived; the fire was determined to be arson. APD and BCSO located the suspect, Reginald Smith, 33 of Alma, in an abandoned home on E. 16th St. Officers recovered an assault rifle, reported stolen in 2016, and the clothing witnesses described the fleeing suspect wearing. Smith was arrested for arson - 2nd offense, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, theft by receiving stolen property and burglary. Smith was out of jail on bond following a 2016 arrest for arson. The State of Georgia Fire Marshal’s Office is working the arson and will be responsible for prosecuting the arson.
- Alma PD arrests Nicholls man following domestic dispute
- Alma PD, GBI, other agencies make arrests in murder case
- Alma Black Light Extravaganza coming to FBC Douglas
- Alma police still looking for Willie Frank Wooden, suspect foul play
- APD announce arrests for the week of Sept 2, charges ranging from disorderly conduct to burglary
Latest from Submitted
- Jury convicts Roderick Brock for murder, Ansley Minkema pleads guilty
- Officers make arrest in Dec. 2 shooting
- Dr. Don Hattaway, formerly of The Tabernacle Baptist Church of Cartersville, called to First Baptist Church
- Hawks sweep Chik-fil-A tournament in Waycross
- Hawks defeat Combine Academy Atlanta