A man wanted by Florida law enforcement for kidnapping and other multiple felony charges was captured Wednesday in Coffee County.
Coffee County sheriff's authorities and the U.S. Marshal's Service located 26-year-old Columbus Mizell, Jr. at a residence off Brooks Ave. in Douglas, where he was taken into custody. Mizell, who has ties to the Coffee County area, was wanted by the Leon County Sheriff's Office (Fl.) on charges of obstructing justice, aggravated battery, kidnapping, false imprisonment and theft.
Mizell is currently incarcerated at the Coffee County Jail awaiting extradition to Florida.
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- Douglas native receives prestigious award from Georgia Cotton Commission
- Satilla Rural Electric donates to Wiregrass Tech
- Coffee County Schools to release early Friday, Dec. 15
- Chamber holds a ribbon cutting for LIA Foundation
- Chamber host 'Eggs & Issues' forum with local legislators, law enforcement