A man wanted by Florida law enforcement for kidnapping and other multiple felony charges was captured Wednesday in Coffee County.
Coffee County sheriff's authorities and the U.S. Marshal's Service located 26-year-old Columbus Mizell, Jr. at a residence off Brooks Ave. in Douglas, where he was taken into custody. Mizell, who has ties to the Coffee County area, was wanted by the Leon County Sheriff's Office (Fl.) on charges of obstructing justice, aggravated battery, kidnapping, false imprisonment and theft.
Mizell is currently incarcerated at the Coffee County Jail awaiting extradition to Florida.
- Video: DPD, gang unit officers arrest Samuel Edward Jones for murder of Terrance Gibson
- City needs three people for the Downtown Development Authority
- Shooting reported in Oak Park Tuesday morning, victim life-flighted to trauma center
- CHS marching band named Christmas parade marshal
- Surveillance video: The DPD needs help identifying these three suspects