Friday morning, an inmate at the Coffee County Jail walked off a work detail at the courthouse where he was painting the visiting judge’s office. The inmate, 50-year-old Donald Dewayne Davis, had been held at the jail since July 2017 on multiple drug charges and a probation violation.
Davis and an accomplice made it all the way to North Carolina before getting arrested Saturday morning. Both are in custody and more charges will be pending.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Two try to elude HEAT car, both arrested near Jeff Davis County
- Police are looking for 19-year-old who fled a traffic stop
- City manager Terrell Jacobs announces resignation, taking position with GMA
- Wednesday afternoon fire destroys home, blocks traffic on North Madison Avenue
- Bacon County inmate 'mistakenly' released due to clerical error, U.S. Marshals offer reward for arrest