Friday morning, an inmate at the Coffee County Jail walked off a work detail at the courthouse where he was painting the visiting judge’s office. The inmate, 50-year-old Donald Dewayne Davis, had been held at the jail since July 2017 on multiple drug charges and a probation violation.
Davis and an accomplice made it all the way to North Carolina before getting arrested Saturday morning. Both are in custody and more charges will be pending.
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- Traffic stop leads to the arrest of a suspected meth dealer
- Probationer jailed on firearm charges
- Video: Fertilizer truck crashes on Highway 32 West
- Sheriff's Office offer tips on how to protect yourself from phone scams
- CCSO release additional information, charges on escapee, accomplice captured in North Carolina
Latest from Staff Reports
- Douglas native receives prestigious award from Georgia Cotton Commission
- After over four months on the run, George Darryl Harper is back in jail
- The Douglas Coffee Gang Unit arrest five local gang members
- Saturday traffic stop leads to discovery of body of missing person
- Local residents can apply for FEMA assistance in aftermath of Hurricane Irma