Sunday morning, Dec. 31, the Alma Police Department responded to the Bacon County Hospital following an allegation of inappropriate behavior enacted by a hospital employee against a Twin Oaks Nursing Home resident. Larry Thomas, 61 of Alma, was arrested for simple battery.
Later in the evening on New Year’s Eve, APD’s Crime Suppression Unit responded to a residence on 4th St regarding a person trying to unwantedly enter a residence. As officers arrived, the suspect fled on foot. Following a brief foot pursuit, Marcus Morgan, 35 of Alma, was arrested for aggravated stalking, cruelty to children, criminal trespass, and obstruction of law enforcement officers.
- Alma police still looking for Willie Frank Wooden, suspect foul play
- APD announce arrests for the week of Sept 2, charges ranging from disorderly conduct to burglary
- APD announce arrests for the week of August 20, charges ranging from loitering to DUI
- Alma PD announce last week's arrest, several arrests stem from outstanding warrants
- Sgt. Christopher Cody Phillips named Interim Chief of Alma Police Department