Friday, Dec. 29, evening just before 9:30 p.m., the Alma Police Department, and the Bacon County Sheriff’s Office responded to a robbery at Pizza Hut on S. Pierce St; a small amount of cash was taken. Assistance from a Ware State Prison K-9 team and evidence recovered within the area led to the arrest of Stephen E. Evans, 58 of Indianapolis, Indiana. Evans was staying at a local motel while working for a local company. Evans was arrested for possession of cocaine and robbery. APD continues to urge businesses to invest in a quality surveillance system.
- Alma PD releases details of Metts capture
- Escaped Bacon County inmate may be in Coffee, Atkinson, Telfair counties
- Deputies arrest suspect in convenience store robbery
- Fugitive wanted in Alma arrested by U.S. Marshals in Texas
- Nicholls PD, CCSO assist authorities from Bacon and Pierce counties in burglary case