Friday, Dec. 29, evening just before 9:30 p.m., the Alma Police Department, and the Bacon County Sheriff’s Office responded to a robbery at Pizza Hut on S. Pierce St; a small amount of cash was taken. Assistance from a Ware State Prison K-9 team and evidence recovered within the area led to the arrest of Stephen E. Evans, 58 of Indianapolis, Indiana. Evans was staying at a local motel while working for a local company. Evans was arrested for possession of cocaine and robbery. APD continues to urge businesses to invest in a quality surveillance system.
- Several arrests made during the months of January-February, charges ranging from drug possession to outstanding warrants
- Suspected drug dealer jailed
- APD arrest one for stealing a cargo trailer containing over $30,000 worth of equipment
- APD arrest seven in separate incidents
- Repeat offender arrested again for vehicle theft