The National Weather Service in Jacksonville has issued a winter storm warning for Coffee County Wednesday and Thursday. Non-essential departments with the City of Douglas will be closed Wednesday as will all campuses of Wiregrass Technical College. A press release from Wiregrass stated that the college will make a determination regarding Thursday and Friday on Wednesday afternoon but administrators are expecting the college to be open those days.
Conditions for Coffee County will begin to worsen after midnight and into the early morning hours of Wednesday. There is a possibility of ice accumulation in excess of a quarter of an inch and two to four inches of snow is possible. The ice could cause widespread power outages and downed trees and powerlines.
Freezing rain is also a possibility; if it begins to fall, please do not travel unless it’s absolutely necessary.
- Douglas Vascular Center announces expansion of the facility, services
- Over 1,500 attend 2018 Wiregrass Artist Guild's children art festival
- CRMC to host their 2018 Career Fair March 28
- Here is information on upcoming 4-H fundraisers, summer camps, junior 4-H conference
- Douglas-Coffee County Chamber of Commerce celebrates Dresses and Dreams expansion, relocation
Latest from Robert Preston
- Ocilla, Waycross Harveys among 19 grocery stores to close in Georgia
- CCSO arrests one on child cruelty charges after allegedly hitting a 10-year-old
- Four candidates challenging U.S. Rep. Rick Allen in 2018 midterms
- Qualifying ended Friday, only BOE District 1 has opposition
- Joshua Peavy returns to television, will appear on 'Showtime at the Apollo' later this month