The National Weather Service in Jacksonville has issued a winter storm warning for Coffee County Wednesday and Thursday. Non-essential departments with the City of Douglas will be closed Wednesday as will all campuses of Wiregrass Technical College. A press release from Wiregrass stated that the college will make a determination regarding Thursday and Friday on Wednesday afternoon but administrators are expecting the college to be open those days.
Conditions for Coffee County will begin to worsen after midnight and into the early morning hours of Wednesday. There is a possibility of ice accumulation in excess of a quarter of an inch and two to four inches of snow is possible. The ice could cause widespread power outages and downed trees and powerlines.
Freezing rain is also a possibility; if it begins to fall, please do not travel unless it’s absolutely necessary.
- Wiregrass Tech dual enrollment student is leading the way in Mechatronics
- John Henry, Chamber of Commerce President, visits with Kiwanis
- President's and Dean's lists announced for Spring semester at Wiregrass
- SGSC announces Spring 2018 Academic Honors Lists
- Douglas utilities encourages customers to use Utility Hawk customer portal
Latest from Robert Preston
- Former SGSC Hawk signs with Colorado Rockies
- Hog N' Bones holds ribbon cutting, set to open Friday morning
- Burt Reynolds to attend RKDS Film Fest in Valdosta next month
- Duke ends season for McGovern, Bulldogs to advance to Super Regionals
- Video: McGovern's heroics help lift Georgia to Athens Regional championship game