The National Weather Service in Jacksonville has issued a winter storm warning for Coffee County Wednesday and Thursday. Non-essential departments with the City of Douglas will be closed Wednesday as will all campuses of Wiregrass Technical College. A press release from Wiregrass stated that the college will make a determination regarding Thursday and Friday on Wednesday afternoon but administrators are expecting the college to be open those days.
Conditions for Coffee County will begin to worsen after midnight and into the early morning hours of Wednesday. There is a possibility of ice accumulation in excess of a quarter of an inch and two to four inches of snow is possible. The ice could cause widespread power outages and downed trees and powerlines.
Freezing rain is also a possibility; if it begins to fall, please do not travel unless it’s absolutely necessary.
- Wiregrass cultivating entrepreneurs like Jenna Murphy
- Doggett and Thomas named Wiregrass employees of the year
- Insurance commissioner: Shann Peanut fire intentionally set
- Wiregrass announces President's and Dean's List for Spring semester
- Evening programs returning to Wiregrass, Free Application Week June 14-18