Thursday morning, Jan. 11, the Alma Police Department and the United States Marshals Service arrested Glenn Darius Smith, 24 of Alma, without incident at 607 Stewart Drive in Alma. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation had previously secured arrest warrants for Smith for aggravated assault stemming from the Dec. 1, 2017 shoot-out in Alma. Smith is also a person of interest in the earlier morning shooting on that same day.
- Alma PD announce several arrests over the last two weeks, charges ranging from drug possession to burglary
- Several arrests made during the months of January-February, charges ranging from drug possession to outstanding warrants
- APD arrest one for stealing a cargo trailer containing over $30,000 worth of equipment
- APD arrest seven in separate incidents
- Repeat offender arrested again for vehicle theft