Thursday morning, Jan. 11, the Alma Police Department and the United States Marshals Service arrested Glenn Darius Smith, 24 of Alma, without incident at 607 Stewart Drive in Alma. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation had previously secured arrest warrants for Smith for aggravated assault stemming from the Dec. 1, 2017 shoot-out in Alma. Smith is also a person of interest in the earlier morning shooting on that same day.
- Alma PD makes arrests on burglary, outstanding warrants, and variety of other charges
- Authorities continue the search for Willie Frank Wooden
- Law enforcement warns of unknown person impersonating police officer
- Alma PD makes multiple arrests on outstanding probation warrants, drug charges
- Alma PD announce last week's arrests, several arrests stem from traffic violations