According to the Coffee County Ga Sheriff's Office FB page, there's an unknown person that has been attempting to conduct unlawful law enforcement traffic stops in the area. Reports of a dark-colored vehicle utilizing blue and red dashboard lights to impersonate law enforcement have been made in Irwin and Ben Hill Counties, and another incident was reported around 10:30 Thursday night in Coffee County in the area of Ga. Hwy. 32 W. and Dennis Harper Rd.
Neither the Coffee County Sheriff's Ofice or any other Coffee County municipal police department utilizes red lights on agency vehicles. If a vehicle with red lights is attempting to conduct a traffic stop on you, IT IS NOT a law enforcement officer. If you find yourself in this, or a similar position, contact 911 immediately.
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
Latest from Staff Reports
- Southwire employee caught allegedly stealing wire from plant, charged with felony theft by taking
- GBI investigating two shooting deaths in Pearson
- Becky Moore Elliott named general manager of Gulfstream Aerospace's Brunswick facility
- Ginny Lockwood, widow of Max Lockwood, passes at age 90
- Douglas native receives prestigious award from Georgia Cotton Commission