According to the Coffee County Ga Sheriff's Office FB page, there's an unknown person that has been attempting to conduct unlawful law enforcement traffic stops in the area. Reports of a dark-colored vehicle utilizing blue and red dashboard lights to impersonate law enforcement have been made in Irwin and Ben Hill Counties, and another incident was reported around 10:30 Thursday night in Coffee County in the area of Ga. Hwy. 32 W. and Dennis Harper Rd.
Neither the Coffee County Sheriff's Ofice or any other Coffee County municipal police department utilizes red lights on agency vehicles. If a vehicle with red lights is attempting to conduct a traffic stop on you, IT IS NOT a law enforcement officer. If you find yourself in this, or a similar position, contact 911 immediately.
- Suspected dealer swallows drugs, slips out of hospital before officers get arrest warrants
- County leaders graduate from the Georgia Academy for Economic Development
- The Commodore Oliver Bowen Chapter, National Society Daughters of American Revolution of Douglas installs new officers
- Rev. Douglas Walker visits with Kiwanis
- Wilkerson defeats Johnson in BOE District 1 race, T-SPLOST passes
Latest from Staff Reports
- CCSO is looking for a tatted up accused felon
- R.L. O'Steen, one of the men who built Douglas, has passed away
- GBI, DEA, other agencies arrest four on drug trafficking charges in multi-county operation
- Police locate, arrest Justin Guy Russ
- Two try to elude HEAT car, both arrested near Jeff Davis County