According to the Coffee County Ga Sheriff's Office FB page, there's an unknown person that has been attempting to conduct unlawful law enforcement traffic stops in the area. Reports of a dark-colored vehicle utilizing blue and red dashboard lights to impersonate law enforcement have been made in Irwin and Ben Hill Counties, and another incident was reported around 10:30 Thursday night in Coffee County in the area of Ga. Hwy. 32 W. and Dennis Harper Rd.
Neither the Coffee County Sheriff's Ofice or any other Coffee County municipal police department utilizes red lights on agency vehicles. If a vehicle with red lights is attempting to conduct a traffic stop on you, IT IS NOT a law enforcement officer. If you find yourself in this, or a similar position, contact 911 immediately.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Coffee County woman shot, killed during alleged domestic dispute in Clayton County
- Soybean growers return to Washington to talk tariffs, export promotion
- CCSO is looking for a convicted sex offender
- Football Friday Night, Trojan broadcast moves to 106.7 The Buck
- Keegan McGovern named Midwest League Player of the Week