An Ambrose man has been charged with prowling and theft by taking after Coffee County Sheriff’s detectives linked him to two criminal incidents this week.
Detectives were notified of an unidentified black male caught on camera rummaging around a residence in the Bushnell community and possibly trying to gain unlawful entrance into the home. Another report was later made in the same area, in which the victim stated someone had entered their vehicle and taken two firearms.
On Jan. 23, detectives successfully identified the suspect as 23-year-old Cato Rashad Williams.
Williams was located at his residence in Ambrose, where detectives discovered one of the stolen firearms in his vehicle. They also learned the other firearm had been sold and were able to recover it as well.
Williams remains in the Coffee County Jail awaiting a bond hearing.
- Southwire employee caught allegedly stealing wire from plant, charged with felony theft by taking
- GBI investigates Southeastern Marine for alleged stolen customer rebates, yields two arrests
- Paulk defeats Jowers by two votes in Ambrose city council run-off
- Nicholls gets four new council members, tie in Ambrose election
- High speed chase results in two-vehicle accident, serious injuries
Latest from Submitted
- Here is information on upcoming 4-H fundraisers, summer camps, junior 4-H conference
- Clinch Memorial Hospital opens Homerville Pulmonary Rehabilitation & Diagnostics Center
- Alma PD announce several arrests over the last two weeks, charges ranging from drug possession to burglary
- Douglas-Coffee County Chamber of Commerce celebrates Dresses and Dreams expansion, relocation
- First Academy announces third quarter Honor Roll, Headmaster's List