An Ambrose man has been charged with prowling and theft by taking after Coffee County Sheriff’s detectives linked him to two criminal incidents this week.
Detectives were notified of an unidentified black male caught on camera rummaging around a residence in the Bushnell community and possibly trying to gain unlawful entrance into the home. Another report was later made in the same area, in which the victim stated someone had entered their vehicle and taken two firearms.
On Jan. 23, detectives successfully identified the suspect as 23-year-old Cato Rashad Williams.
Williams was located at his residence in Ambrose, where detectives discovered one of the stolen firearms in his vehicle. They also learned the other firearm had been sold and were able to recover it as well.
Williams remains in the Coffee County Jail awaiting a bond hearing.
- Traffic stop in Broxton yields drugs, guns
- Broxton PD makes traffic stop, seizes variety of illegal drugs
- Alma PD announce last week's arrests, charges ranging from trespass to forgery
- Former ATCO Probate Judge indicted on 83 charges of racketeering, theft by taking
- Southwire employee caught allegedly stealing wire from plant, charged with felony theft by taking
Latest from Submitted
- Jury convicts Roderick Brock for murder, Ansley Minkema pleads guilty
- Officers make arrest in Dec. 2 shooting
- Dr. Don Hattaway, formerly of The Tabernacle Baptist Church of Cartersville, called to First Baptist Church
- Hawks sweep Chik-fil-A tournament in Waycross
- Hawks defeat Combine Academy Atlanta