Thursday, Jan. 25, the Alma Police Department transported Maurice Lamar Mitchell, 32 of Hollywood, South Carolina, from an area jail. Mitchell was wanted for the Dec. 7, 2016 theft and criminal damage to property-2nd degree at Hall’s Construction in Alma when a cargo trailer containing over $30,000.00 worth of equipment was stolen after a gate was torn down with a pickup truck. One week later, over $7,000.00 worth of the stolen equipment was recovered in a neighboring city.
Also, on Jan. 25, APD’s Crime Suppression Unit conducted a traffic stop on N. Dixon St. for a seatbelt violation. Charles Edward Butler, 51 of Baxley, was arrested for possession of methamphetamine and possession of a schedule II controlled substance.
Charles Edward Butler
- Alma PD makes arrests on burglary, outstanding warrants, and variety of other charges
- Authorities continue the search for Willie Frank Wooden
- Law enforcement warns of unknown person impersonating police officer
- Alma PD makes multiple arrests on outstanding probation warrants, drug charges
- Alma PD announce last week's arrests, several arrests stem from traffic violations
Latest from Submitted
- The Commodore Oliver Bowen Chapter, National Society Daughters of American Revolution of Douglas installs new officers
- Rev. Douglas Walker visits with Kiwanis
- 2018 SGSC Athletic Hall of Fame class to be recognized on June 7 at Gala
- Wiregrass Air Conditioning student recognized
- 4-H recognizes outstanding 4-H members, volunteers at annual awards ceremony