A suspected local drug dealer is in custody after an irate customer called police to report being ripped off.
Douglas police officers responded to a home on Irma Ave. around 2 a.m. Friday, Feb. 16, after a complainant reported an individual at the residence had stolen $100 from her while she was attempting to purchase crack cocaine.
Officers made contact with 58-year-old Ray Louder, Jr. and the home, where they detected the strong aroma of marijuana and were able to view suspected drug residue. Officers detained Louder at that time while agents from the Douglas-Coffee Drug Unit secured a search warrant for the residence.
A quantity of cocaine, along with marijuana and ecstasy, were discovered by drug agents during the search, and Louder was transported to the Coffee County Jail. He faces charges of possession of cocaine and marijuana with intent to distribute, along with possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime.
Latest from Submitted
- Here is information on upcoming 4-H fundraisers, summer camps, junior 4-H conference
- Clinch Memorial Hospital opens Homerville Pulmonary Rehabilitation & Diagnostics Center
- Alma PD announce several arrests over the last two weeks, charges ranging from drug possession to burglary
- Douglas-Coffee County Chamber of Commerce celebrates Dresses and Dreams expansion, relocation
- First Academy announces third quarter Honor Roll, Headmaster's List