Coffee Middle School principal Sherri Berry has been named Principal of the Year by the Georgia Association of Secondary School Principals. Last month, the GASSP announced that she was one of six finalists for the award. Tuesday, Feb. 20, Berry learned that the association had named her the top principal of the year. Berry will now represent Georgia in the competition for National Principal of the Year sponsored by the National Association of Secondary School Principals.
Mrs. Berry has been the principal of Coffee Middle School for the past seven years. Under her leadership, Coffee Middle School has exceeded the state average in test scores for the past three years. In addition to Coffee Middle School, Mrs. Berry served on the campus of Nicholls Elementary for 10 years. She was the Assistant Principal for Instruction for six years and served four years as the school’s principal.
Mrs. Berry is an alumnus of Coffee High, South Georgia College and Valdosta State University where she earned her Bachelor of Science and Masters of Education in Early Childhood Education and Educational Specialist in Educational Leadership. Mrs. Berry has participated in the Professional Association of Georgia Educators’ Principal Leadership Network for several years. She also represented Coffee County on three different GLISI Teams, serving as Leadership Performance Coach. Mrs. Berry is completing her 31st year in education having begun her career with Coffee County Schools serving as a teacher at West Green Elementary. She has also taught on the campuses of Indian Creek Elementary and Satilla Elementary.
Mrs. Berry is married to Mr. Michael Berry, agriculture teacher at Coffee High, who is also an educator of 31 years. She and Michael have two sons, Kody and Dake.
- 16-year-old juvenile references "school shooter" in video, arrested
- Coffee County Schools announces Pre-K registration for 2018-19 school term
- CMS students utilize snakes and lizards to learn about vertebrates
- A roundup of FFA Week at Coffee Middle School
- Family connection holds second annual celebrity dinner
Latest from Staff Reports
- Fire strikes Day Lumber, damage is significant
- Road construction to cause traffic delays this weekend
- Keegan McGovern receives national and Southeastern Conference recognition
- Southwire employee caught allegedly stealing wire from plant, charged with felony theft by taking
- GBI investigating two shooting deaths in Pearson