A convicted sex offender wanted for absconding from Coffee County is back behind bars after being tracked down in Cook County, Ga.
37-year-old Chrystal Lynn Garren was arrested by the Cook County Sheriff's Office Wednesday afternoon, March 7, following a traffic stop. Garren wrecked her vehicle after striking a light pole and attempted to flee from officers on foot, but was quickly apprehended.
Garren was wanted by the Coffee County Sheriff's Office for failing to maintain the requirements of her sex offender registration. She provided her residential address at a location off U.S. Hwy. 221 N. in August 2017, but sheriff's office officials determined recently that she had moved from that address without providing notification.
Garren was also wanted on an outstanding warrant for violating the terms of her probation. She now faces additional charges in Cook County for reckless driving, obstruction of law enforcement, and driving without a license.
Garren was convicted in 2003 on a charge of enticing a child for indecent purposes.
- Man opens fire in Broxton, misses everyone
- CCSO looking for possible absconded convicted sex offender
- Jordan Cornett remains on the lam, $4 reward offered for info leading to his arrest
- Drug unit makes marijuana arrest Thursday on Walker Street
- Telfair, Coffee authorities search for West Green resident who allegedly vandalized a police car