Day Lumber Company, located just off U.S. 441 South on Rebecca Waldron Road in Coffee County, suffered significant damage in a large fire late Friday afternoon.
There has been no official release from authorities. However, based on eyewitness accounts posted on social media Friday and Saturday, it appears as though an electrical problem caused the fire. One building was destroyed as well as several pieces of equipment. While the damage was serious, no one was injured and Day Lumber is not expected to be down in the aftermath of the blaze.
Firefighters responded quickly and fought into the evening to contain the fire -- which was no small task given the amount of wood on the lumber mill's yard. As bad as the fire was, it certainly could have been much, much worse.
- Georgia HEART Hospital Program to begin accepting applications on October 1
- CRMC health fair scheduled for October 6
- Police department: No suspicious activity at local Wal-Mart
- Here is the September edition of the Mayor's Monthly Minutes
- Here is a complete video of Monday's city commission meeting (with a few extra notes)
Latest from Staff Reports
- Telfair, Coffee authorities search for West Green resident who allegedly vandalized a police car
- Sheriff's office makes drug arrests in two separate incidents
- Two Teens Killed In Saturday Accident
- Officers locate, arrest convicted sex offender
- Broxton man leads officers on high speed chase, eludes arrest -- temporarily