An auto accident at the intersection of Bowens Mill Road and Touchton Drive resulted in a rollover and traffic delays but, surprisingly, no injuries.
The accident occurred a little after 9 a.m. when a vehicle came off Touchton Drive and clipped a silver Ford Ranger heading north on Bowens Mill Road. The collision sent the Ranger off the right side of the road where it went down into the ditch and came up a short but steep embankment. The Ranger went airborne for a short distance and, upon landing, rolled over on its roof. The driver of the Ranger, a female, crawled out of the truck and was unhurt.
EMTs from Coffee Regional Medical Center and units from the Douglas Fire Department responded, along with officers from the Douglas Police Department and Coffee County Sheriff’s Office. Neither of the drivers suffered injuries and both refused medical treatment.
The identities of the drivers have not been released, neither has any information regarding charges resulting from the accident.
- Douglas Perimeter Road railroad overpass opening
- Walmart presents check to Wiregrass Tech's Foundation
- Fitzgerald Family Eyecare holds ribbon cutting, open house
- Wednesday afternoon fire destroys home, blocks traffic on North Madison Avenue
- Satilla Riverkeeper hosts River Cleanup at Ava Lightsey Landing on Saturday, April 14
Latest from Robert Preston
- School system names teachers of the year
- Keegan McGovern makes Golden Spikes Award midseason watch list
- Severe weather is about to arrive in Coffee, Atkinson
- County commission: No more homes at Baymeadows under 1,400 square feet
- C.J. Mizell, former Trojan football star, arrested for second time in less than six months