An auto accident at the intersection of Bowens Mill Road and Touchton Drive resulted in a rollover and traffic delays but, surprisingly, no injuries.
The accident occurred a little after 9 a.m. when a vehicle came off Touchton Drive and clipped a silver Ford Ranger heading north on Bowens Mill Road. The collision sent the Ranger off the right side of the road where it went down into the ditch and came up a short but steep embankment. The Ranger went airborne for a short distance and, upon landing, rolled over on its roof. The driver of the Ranger, a female, crawled out of the truck and was unhurt.
EMTs from Coffee Regional Medical Center and units from the Douglas Fire Department responded, along with officers from the Douglas Police Department and Coffee County Sheriff’s Office. Neither of the drivers suffered injuries and both refused medical treatment.
The identities of the drivers have not been released, neither has any information regarding charges resulting from the accident.
- Shoppes at Tip Top celebrates grand opening with ribbon cutting
- Jury convicts Derrious Carter on drug possession charges, sentenced to 11 years in prison
- Video: DPD, gang unit officers arrest Samuel Edward Jones for murder of Terrance Gibson
- City needs three people for the Downtown Development Authority
- Shooting reported in Oak Park Tuesday morning, victim life-flighted to trauma center
Latest from Robert Preston
- Christmas parade postponed, rescheduled for next Thursday
- Video: City approves items for airport and Madison Avenue re-conductor project, hears from Roscoe Allen again during work session
- Saturday morning accident claims life of Florida man
- Longhorns stop Trojans' running attack, end Coffee's season in quarterfinals
- Two Lady Trojans ink scholarships to play at the next level