The Broxton Police Department has been busy over the last week. Arrests include several for a variety of alleged drug and weapons violations, shoplifting, bench warrants, and the like:
On March 21, an officer observed Corey Dent of Broxton riding in the middle of the road at night with no headlight. After stopping and talking with Dent, the officer found Dent to be in possession of a small amount of marijuana as well as approximately three grams of a white crystalized powder which was packaged inside a small zip lock bag and then placed inside another bag with ties. Dent was arrested and charged with driving a bicycle at night with no headlight, possession of marijuana and possession of methamphetamine.
On March 24, Gabriel Carelock of Broxton was arrested and charged with one count of shoplifting.
On March 26, an officer observed a vehicle traveling at night with no tail lights. After conducting a traffic stop on this vehicle, the officer discovered that the driver, John Wampler of Ambrose had a suspended driver’s license and was in possession of two packages of methamphetamine, various drug related objects and a loaded handgun.
Wampler was charged with driving on a suspended driver’s license, operating a vehicle with defective tail lights, possession of methamphetamine, possession of drug related objects and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime.
Also on March 22, Broxton officers went out attempting to serve outstanding warrants in the city. Brittany Anderson of Broxton was arrested and charged with criminal trespassing and theft by taking. Rhonda Ducker of Broxton was arrested and charged violation of probation. Mandy Newkirk of Broxton and Bethany Arnold of Douglas were both arrested and charged with bench warrants from city of Broxton court.
- Nurse at jail one of three arrested on meth, marijuana charges
- Officers discover 20 pounds of marijuana, make three arrests
- Inmate sneaks meth into jail in 'bodily orifice,' two others sent to CRMC after swallowing the drug
- Broxton PD arrests two on drug possession, distribution charges
- George Darryl Harper sentenced to four years in prison
Latest from Submitted
- Drug traffickers plead guilty to distributing crystal meth in South Georgia, including Coffee County
- Ruby Jean Henderson Yarberry
- Community mental health fair scheduled for May 18
- Students on Coffee Campus participated in Wiregrass scholarship signing day
- Water tower maintenance causes water discoloration