Law enforcement collaboration leads to sex offender arrest
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Coffee County sheriff's authorities have arrested a 43-year-old convicted sex offender after learning he recently moved addresses without notifying the sheriff's office, as required by his sex offender status.
The Coffee Co. Sheriff's Office was contacted Monday morning, April 2, by officials with the Ware County Sheriff's Office in reference to William Westbury, a convicted sex offender registered in Coffee County. Ware County authorities stated their agency had a recent interaction with Mr. Westbury in their jurisdiction that led them to believe the offender may be residing in Ware County. Westbury's registered residential address in Coffee County was a location off E. Jefferson St. in Douglas.
Coffee County deputies were able to verify that Westbury had not resided at his registered address for at least one week.
Westbury was located Monday afternoon and arrested for failing to register address change of a convicted sex offender. He is currently incarcerated at the Coffee County Jail.
Westbury was convicted in Florida on one charge of sexual battery against a child in 1993.
The Coffee County Sheriff's Office thanks the Ware County Sheriff's Office for their assistance and collaboration in this incident.
- Detective witnesses fight inside car, lands Fitzgerald man in jail
- Drug unit officers serve warrant, find suspect flushing alleged drugs down toilet
- David Rios, one of Coffee County's Most Wanted, still on the run after 11 years
- Officer recognizes man driving on suspended license, makes traffic stop and finds meth
- GBI arrests Coffee County man in child death investigation