Tello Massive Price DropNew Plan Entry - Unlimited Talk, Text & 4GB Data at $39/mo. Get It Today!
Featured John Higgs/DouglasNow.com Firemen battle a house fire on North Madison Avenue Wednesday afternoon. Despite their best efforts, the house was a total loss.
A fire completely destroyed a house on North Madison Avenue Wednesday afternoon, resulting in a cloud of boiling smoke that blanketed a large portion of northern Douglas.
Firefighters responded about 2 p.m. and battled the blaze for nearly an hour. Approximately 10 firemen aimed a steady stream of water at the home. Police blocked North Madison Avenue while the firemen worked to control the scene.
The home was a total loss. In spite of the tremendous damage, there were no injuries. The fire department is investigating the incident.
John Higgs contributed to this report.
- Suspected dealer swallows drugs, slips out of hospital before officers get arrest warrants
- The Commodore Oliver Bowen Chapter, National Society Daughters of American Revolution of Douglas installs new officers
- Rev. Douglas Walker visits with Kiwanis
- Wilkerson defeats Johnson in BOE District 1 race, T-SPLOST passes
- Authorities continue the search for Willie Frank Wooden
Latest from Staff Reports
- CCSO is looking for a tatted up accused felon
- R.L. O'Steen, one of the men who built Douglas, has passed away
- GBI, DEA, other agencies arrest four on drug trafficking charges in multi-county operation
- Police locate, arrest Justin Guy Russ
- Two try to elude HEAT car, both arrested near Jeff Davis County
Login to post comments