Tello Massive Price DropNew Plan Entry - Unlimited Talk, Text & 4GB Data at $39/mo. Get It Today!
Featured John Higgs/DouglasNow.com Firemen battle a house fire on North Madison Avenue Wednesday afternoon. Despite their best efforts, the house was a total loss.
A fire completely destroyed a house on North Madison Avenue Wednesday afternoon, resulting in a cloud of boiling smoke that blanketed a large portion of northern Douglas.
Firefighters responded about 2 p.m. and battled the blaze for nearly an hour. Approximately 10 firemen aimed a steady stream of water at the home. Police blocked North Madison Avenue while the firemen worked to control the scene.
The home was a total loss. In spite of the tremendous damage, there were no injuries. The fire department is investigating the incident.
John Higgs contributed to this report.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Popular Christian retailer LifeWay to close stores, go entirely digital
- Douglas PD charges four in five different armed robberies in the city
- GBI finds third body in missing persons case, also makes second arrest
- Two bodies found in Berrien County, believed to be two of three missing individuals
- Armed robbers hit three stores in two days, suspects remain at large
Login to post comments