Tello Massive Price DropNew Plan Entry - Unlimited Talk, Text & 4GB Data at $39/mo. Get It Today!
Featured John Higgs/DouglasNow.com Firemen battle a house fire on North Madison Avenue Wednesday afternoon. Despite their best efforts, the house was a total loss.
A fire completely destroyed a house on North Madison Avenue Wednesday afternoon, resulting in a cloud of boiling smoke that blanketed a large portion of northern Douglas.
Firefighters responded about 2 p.m. and battled the blaze for nearly an hour. Approximately 10 firemen aimed a steady stream of water at the home. Police blocked North Madison Avenue while the firemen worked to control the scene.
The home was a total loss. In spite of the tremendous damage, there were no injuries. The fire department is investigating the incident.
John Higgs contributed to this report.
- Georgia HEART Hospital Program to begin accepting applications on October 1
- CRMC health fair scheduled for October 6
- Police department: No suspicious activity at local Wal-Mart
- Here is the September edition of the Mayor's Monthly Minutes
- Here is a complete video of Monday's city commission meeting (with a few extra notes)
Latest from Staff Reports
- Telfair, Coffee authorities search for West Green resident who allegedly vandalized a police car
- Sheriff's office makes drug arrests in two separate incidents
- Two Teens Killed In Saturday Accident
- Officers locate, arrest convicted sex offender
- Broxton man leads officers on high speed chase, eludes arrest -- temporarily
Login to post comments