Tello Massive Price DropNew Plan Entry - Unlimited Talk, Text & 4GB Data at $39/mo. Get It Today!
Featured John Higgs/DouglasNow.com Firemen battle a house fire on North Madison Avenue Wednesday afternoon. Despite their best efforts, the house was a total loss.
A fire completely destroyed a house on North Madison Avenue Wednesday afternoon, resulting in a cloud of boiling smoke that blanketed a large portion of northern Douglas.
Firefighters responded about 2 p.m. and battled the blaze for nearly an hour. Approximately 10 firemen aimed a steady stream of water at the home. Police blocked North Madison Avenue while the firemen worked to control the scene.
The home was a total loss. In spite of the tremendous damage, there were no injuries. The fire department is investigating the incident.
John Higgs contributed to this report.
- Douglas Perimeter Road railroad overpass opening
- Walmart presents check to Wiregrass Tech's Foundation
- Fitzgerald Family Eyecare holds ribbon cutting, open house
- Satilla Riverkeeper hosts River Cleanup at Ava Lightsey Landing on Saturday, April 14
- Douglas Cemetery to host S.O.P. of grave digging, cemetery etiquette workshop this Thursday, April 12
Latest from Staff Reports
- Bacon County inmate 'mistakenly' released due to clerical error, U.S. Marshals offer reward for arrest
- Former ATCO Probate Judge indicted on 83 charges of racketeering, theft by taking
- Douglas police searching for 13-year-old missing for over a month
- Broxton PD breaks up theft ring, finds drugs and stolen property
- Bridgett Taylor receives top scholarship at Department of Public Safety banquet
Login to post comments