Monday evening, April 16, just before 10:30 p.m., an armed man entered Dairy Queen in Alma and attempted to rob the restaurant. Although the suspect did not take any money, he fired a handgun inside the restaurant while pointing the weapon at employees before fleeing out the back door. On Thursday, April 19, the Alma Police Department’s Crime Suppression Unit arrested Terry Lamar Simms, 26 of Alma. Simms will be charged with criminal attempt to commit armed robbery, five counts of aggravated assault, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. Simms’s arrest followed the execution of a search warrant at a local residence by APD.
- Preston wanted on armed robbery, aggravated assault, other charges
- Alma PD, GBI, other agencies make arrests in murder case
- Alma Black Light Extravaganza coming to FBC Douglas
- Alma police still looking for Willie Frank Wooden, suspect foul play
- APD announce arrests for the week of Sept 2, charges ranging from disorderly conduct to burglary