The Douglas-Coffee County HEAT Unit is looking for Justin Guy Russ after he allegedly drove away from a traffic stop back in February.
According to a post on the Douglas Police Department’s Facebook page, a member of the HEAT Unit stopped a vehicle that was driving at a high rate of speed through a residential neighborhood. During the stop, the officer discovered that the driver, Justin Guy Russ, 19, had a suspended license. According to the Facebook post, Russ tried to call his mother to come to the scene.
The officer then told Russ he was about to be arrested and to exit the vehicle. Instead of complying, Russ drove away, according to the post. The officer chased Russ but stopped the pursuit because of the high rate of speed and the manner in which Russ was driving. Authorities have issued a number of warrants for Russ’s arrest. He frequents the Ambrose, Nicholls, and West Green areas.
Anyone with information should contact the Douglas Police Department at 912-384-2222, the TIPS Line at 912-260-3600 or the 911 center. Information can also be shared on the police department’s Face Book page.
- Preston wanted on armed robbery, aggravated assault, other charges
- Sheriff Wooten's Family Fun Day is Oct. 27
- Criminal Investigations Unit makes multiple arrests on variety of charges, from drugs to assault
- Thursday morning shooting triggers lockdown at CCA, Indian Creek
- Commissioner Durham addresses his Sept. 21 arrest at city commission meeting, never mentions driving with a suspended license
Latest from Staff Reports
- GBI arrests Broxton woman in connection with disappearance of Macon teen in 1991
- SGSC cross country wraps season with third-place finish
- Agriculture losses due to Hurricane Michael are tremendous and will be felt for multiple generations
- Hurricane Michael downs power line that causes wastewater spill into Indian Creek
- City issues latest Hurricane Michael update