The Douglas-Coffee County HEAT Unit is looking for Justin Guy Russ after he allegedly drove away from a traffic stop back in February.
According to a post on the Douglas Police Department’s Facebook page, a member of the HEAT Unit stopped a vehicle that was driving at a high rate of speed through a residential neighborhood. During the stop, the officer discovered that the driver, Justin Guy Russ, 19, had a suspended license. According to the Facebook post, Russ tried to call his mother to come to the scene.
The officer then told Russ he was about to be arrested and to exit the vehicle. Instead of complying, Russ drove away, according to the post. The officer chased Russ but stopped the pursuit because of the high rate of speed and the manner in which Russ was driving. Authorities have issued a number of warrants for Russ’s arrest. He frequents the Ambrose, Nicholls, and West Green areas.
Anyone with information should contact the Douglas Police Department at 912-384-2222, the TIPS Line at 912-260-3600 or the 911 center. Information can also be shared on the police department’s Face Book page.
Latest from Staff Reports
- CCSO is looking for a tatted up accused felon
- R.L. O'Steen, one of the men who built Douglas, has passed away
- GBI, DEA, other agencies arrest four on drug trafficking charges in multi-county operation
- Police locate, arrest Justin Guy Russ
- Two try to elude HEAT car, both arrested near Jeff Davis County