Earlier this week, the Douglas Police Department made a post on its Facebook page that local law enforcement was looking for Justin Guy Russ, 19, who allegedly fled a traffic stop back in February. Friday, the police department announced that Russ had been located and arrested. However, the department didn’t release any information regarding how officers found Russ or what exactly they charged him with.
According to a post on the Douglas Police Department’s Facebook page, a member of the HEAT Unit stopped a vehicle that was driving at a high rate of speed through a residential neighborhood. During the stop, the officer discovered that the driver, Justin Guy Russ, 19, had a suspended license. According to the Facebook post, Russ tried to call his mother to come to the scene.
The officer then told Russ he was about to be arrested and to exit the vehicle. Instead of complying, Russ drove away, according to the post. The officer chased Russ but stopped the pursuit because of the high rate of speed and the manner in which Russ was driving.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Coffee County woman shot, killed during alleged domestic dispute in Clayton County
- Soybean growers return to Washington to talk tariffs, export promotion
- CCSO is looking for a convicted sex offender
- Football Friday Night, Trojan broadcast moves to 106.7 The Buck
- Keegan McGovern named Midwest League Player of the Week