Sunday, May 6, the Alma Police Department arrested Branden John Wells, 26 of Alma, for theft by taking after Wells reportedly stole a bicycle on E. 19th St.
Monday afternoon, May 7, APD arrested Kathy Smith, 49 of Alma, on outstanding probation warrants following a traffic stop on S. Pierce St.
Tuesday, May 8, the Appling County Sheriff’s Office recovered the trailer stolen from a Myra St. address on May 2. APD and ACSO investigators are currently trying to locate the persons believed to be responsible for the trailer theft.
MAY 10 ARRESTS:
APD arrested Chelsea Renee Morgan, 26 of Alma, for battery and cruelty to children-3rd degree. Morgan’s arrest followed an incident at a local business on Tuesday, May 8.
APD arrested Jason Jerrideau, 33 of Alma, for criminal trespass at FNB South. Jerrideau was arrested on April 23rd for the same offense.
APD arrested Sherita Strozier, 34 of Alma, for stalking following several incidents of Strozier reportedly harassing and stalking another.
APD arrested Linda Williamson, 30 of Baxley, for (2) counts of possession of a schedule IV controlled substance and probation warrants out of Appling County. Williamson’s arrest followed a complaint of an unresponsive person inside a vehicle behind Parker’s Food Mart on W. 12th St.
APD stopped a vehicle on W. 12th St. for an equipment violation. Lola Mae Tanner, 59 of Douglas, was arrested for driving with a suspended driver’s license.
APD stopped a vehicle on W. 4th St. for running a stop sign. Mack Allen Taylor, 19 of Alma, was arrested for misdemeanor possession of marijuana, possession of drug-related objects, and failure to stop at a stop sign.
Friday night, May 11, APD arrested Jonequia Evette Jackson, 29 of Alma, on probation warrants.
- Alma PD makes arrests on burglary, outstanding warrants, and variety of other charges
- Authorities continue the search for Willie Frank Wooden
- Law enforcement warns of unknown person impersonating police officer
- Alma PD announce last week's arrests, several arrests stem from traffic violations
- Alma PD announce last week's arrests, charges ranging from criminal trespass to battery
Latest from Submitted
- The Commodore Oliver Bowen Chapter, National Society Daughters of American Revolution of Douglas installs new officers
- Rev. Douglas Walker visits with Kiwanis
- 2018 SGSC Athletic Hall of Fame class to be recognized on June 7 at Gala
- Wiregrass Air Conditioning student recognized
- 4-H recognizes outstanding 4-H members, volunteers at annual awards ceremony