Early Wednesday morning, a fire broke out inside Holt’s Bakery in Douglas. Little information has been released regarding the fire. However, the Holt family made a post on its Facebook page announcing the fire: “We have had a fire at the bakery with a good bit of damage! We will be closed for a period of time and we will keep everyone updated! No one was injured which was the most important thing! Please bear with us while we try to get everything fixed and back going! Prayers are greatly appreciated!”
Holt’s is the second local restaurant to catch fire this week. Tuesday morning, Little Mike’s on South Gaskin Avenue was also hit with fire. Investigators stayed on the scene of that blaze all day Tuesday. Officials should release a statement about the Little Mike’s fire some time Wednesday morning.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Woody Folsom buys Coffee Chrysler
- Cops investigate Tyreek Hill for battery, no charges filed
- Video: SGSC theatre department performs for Rotary, club inducts two new members
- GSP releases reports in two recent vehicle v. pedestrian accidents
- Melinda McSwain denied bond, authorities learn new details in Sabrina Long disappearance