A man currently serving a probation sentence for marijuana and cocaine possession is back behind bars after law enforcement discovered quantities of cocaine, marijuana, and suspected ecstasy tablets during a traffic stop Saturday night.
Douglas police officers stopped Preston Pernell Fields, 45 of Douglas, around 9 p.m., May 19, for a broken headlight. Officers discovered cocaine and marijuana inside the vehicle and requested the Douglas-Coffee Drug Unit (DCDU) to respond. DCDU agents uncovered over three ounces of marijuana during the investigation, along with approximately seven grams of cocaine and several pieces of ecstasy tablets. Fields was arrested at the scene and transported to the Coffee County Jail, where he later admitted to ownership of the drugs.
Fields has been charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, possession of MDMA (ecstasy), driving with a suspended license, and no insurance.
- Sheriff Wooten's Family Fun Day is Oct. 27
- Criminal Investigations Unit makes multiple arrests on variety of charges, from drugs to assault
- Thursday morning shooting triggers lockdown at CCA, Indian Creek
- Drug unit makes multiple arrests on variety of charges
- Intercepted package of drugs leads to arrest of Douglas man