The Douglas-Coffee Drug Unit arrested a 66-year-old suspected cocaine dealer late Friday afternoon after detectives discovered quantities of the drug, along with other illegal narcotics, at his residence.
Drug agents received information that Columbus Drummond of Nicholls was dealing drugs out of his Sessoms Avenue home and investigated. Drummond was located at the residence Friday afternoon, June 22, 2018, but denied that he resided at the location. Detectives made contact with the home owner, who confirmed that Drummond was living at the home and provided detectives with consent to search the premises.
Agents discovered a quantity of crack cocaine during a search of the home, along with several other controlled prescription medications. As a result, they arrested Drummond and charged him with trafficking cocaine, three counts of possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute, and misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
Drummond remains incarcerated at the Coffee County Jail, where he is also being held for a parole violation.
- Man opens fire in Broxton, misses everyone
- CCSO looking for possible absconded convicted sex offender
- Jordan Cornett remains on the lam, $4 reward offered for info leading to his arrest
- Drug unit makes marijuana arrest Thursday on Walker Street
- Telfair, Coffee authorities search for West Green resident who allegedly vandalized a police car