Jardine Stadium wasn't the only place in town on July 4 with fireworks. But these weren't the kind of fireworks you want to see.
According to a release posted on the Douglas Police Department's Facebook page, just before midnight, Douglas police officers received a report that two people had been shot on South Gaskin Ave. Officers responded to 1303 South Gaskin and found that Anthony Marby, 28, and Nancy Lindsey, 25, had both been shot. Marby was in the living room with a gunshot wound to the back of his head and his hand. Lindsey was in a bedroom with a gunshot wound to her upper right thigh.
Both were transported to Coffee Regional Medical Center for treatment. Not long after arriving at CRMC, Marby and Lindsey were transferred to Savannah for further treatment.
The investigation further revealed that both Marby and Lindsey were in a bedroom of the home when someone fired multiple shots through the bedroom window. No arrests have been made and investigators are following up on multiple leads. Anyone with any information that would assist in resolving this case is asked to contact the Douglas Police Department at 912-384-2222, the Tips Line at 912-260-3600 or your local 911 center. Information can also be shared on the Department’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/DouglasGAPoliceDepartment/ .
- Police department: No suspicious activity at local Wal-Mart
- Drug unit makes marijuana arrest Thursday on Walker Street
- Attempt to effectively micromanage the police department fails at commission meeting with 4-2 vote
- Police search for accused fraudster, need the public's help
- Interim Chief Pruette, Commander Perkins attend summer training conference
Latest from Staff Reports
- Telfair, Coffee authorities search for West Green resident who allegedly vandalized a police car
- Sheriff's office makes drug arrests in two separate incidents
- Two Teens Killed In Saturday Accident
- Officers locate, arrest convicted sex offender
- Broxton man leads officers on high speed chase, eludes arrest -- temporarily