Jardine Stadium wasn't the only place in town on July 4 with fireworks. But these weren't the kind of fireworks you want to see.
According to a release posted on the Douglas Police Department's Facebook page, just before midnight, Douglas police officers received a report that two people had been shot on South Gaskin Ave. Officers responded to 1303 South Gaskin and found that Anthony Marby, 28, and Nancy Lindsey, 25, had both been shot. Marby was in the living room with a gunshot wound to the back of his head and his hand. Lindsey was in a bedroom with a gunshot wound to her upper right thigh.
Both were transported to Coffee Regional Medical Center for treatment. Not long after arriving at CRMC, Marby and Lindsey were transferred to Savannah for further treatment.
The investigation further revealed that both Marby and Lindsey were in a bedroom of the home when someone fired multiple shots through the bedroom window. No arrests have been made and investigators are following up on multiple leads. Anyone with any information that would assist in resolving this case is asked to contact the Douglas Police Department at 912-384-2222, the Tips Line at 912-260-3600 or your local 911 center. Information can also be shared on the Department’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/DouglasGAPoliceDepartment/ .
- Detectives arrest three for Evans Grocery robbery in January
- Armed robbers hit three stores in two days, suspects remain at large
- DPD investigates two shootings, makes arrests in both cases
- Douglas police apprehend dangerous fugitive wanted in multiple counties
- Fatal In and Out shooting justified, no charges to be filed
Latest from Staff Reports
- Marshall Mizell named Landstar's Rookie of the Year
- Portion Highway 158 to close for a year while Satilla River bridges replaced
- New shopping center: Tax allocation district is key
- Popular Christian retailer LifeWay to close stores, go entirely digital
- Douglas PD charges four in five different armed robberies in the city